• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trim JIM in Heritage Auction

829 posts in this topic

Here's a story about the JIMs. The JIMs were good friends to Brent. And Brent liked the JIMs. One day, Brent decided to part ways with the JIMs. One of the JIMs in particular went to a dealer named Jason Ewert. This was a JIM #92 CGC 9.2 Blue label. Here is a scan although it's not very big. frown.gif

JIM92.jpg

Brent knows his JIMs. In fact, he knows every problem on every high class JIM he ever possessed. So when Brent sees a JIM #92 CGC 9.4 up on Heritage, he's surprised. Surprised because his book, having identifiable defects, now has a sharp upper left corner where a soft corner existed before. Upon closer examination a sliver is missing at the top of the book where thor's helmet is but it's barely noticeable.

Here's a link to the book: JIM #92 on Heritage

Identifiable defects:

1) spine upper has a stress mark thru Thor's helmet

2) bottom of spine has indentation

3) staples are nearly perfect on spine, slight miswrap

Confirmation anyone? And where's the "known Ewert list of books" at?

Here we go again...

I beg to differ Jim, we're not going anywhere, we're staying in the exact same spot regarding the Ewert submissions we've always been in: blind and wholly ignorant save for the contributions and dogged follow-up work of our fellow collectors.

Here we go again...

I beg to differ Jim, we're not going anywhere, we're staying in the exact same spot regarding the Ewert submissions we've always been in: blind and wholly ignorant save for the contributions and dogged follow-up work of our fellow collectors.

Can't argue with that... thumbsup2.gif

Jim

Remember guys "certification works". foreheadslap.gif There is nothing to see here people, move along, everything is fine. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Another beautiful book destroyed forever. frown.gif CGC told Ewart to get out of the hobby so we should sleep good at night with that knowledge. Are they going to release a list of Ewart submitted books or not, this is complete BS.

foreheadslap.gif -damn you Ewert! This book is a testimony in living color to what a [embarrassing lack of self control] you are!!!

Kudos to you Brent for the eagle eye! news.gif Words getting out hopefully CGC will be forced to take legal action against Ewert to save their reputation!

BTW thanks for the killer raw 9.0 x-men 57-nice book at a great price!

It's definatley the same copy. So much for CGC (and it's minority owners) tracking them down.

Well, it would have been nice when the Ewert database was being compiled if Brent had identified that this particular book had been sold to Ewert. confused-smiley-013.gif

Brent, any other JIMs (or other improveable books) that were sold to Ewert?

Could someone figure out the date when this book was submitted to CGC? If it happened after the Ewert fiasco came to light, it would be really damning for CGC.

It's definatley the same copy. So much for CGC (and it's minority owners) tracking them down.

Well, it would have been nice when the Ewert database was being compiled if Brent had identified that this particular book had been sold to Ewert. confused-smiley-013.gif

Brent, any other JIMs (or other improveable books) that were sold to Ewert?

Could someone figure out the date when this book was submitted to CGC? If it happened after the Ewert fiasco came to light, it would be really damning for CGC.

Now that's a scary thought. It'd be nice if someone would post a known list so we can all check our slabs against it.

slow down on the posting man! I can't keep up! 27_laughing.gif---weren't you at like 87 posts yesterday!!!

I have clones helping me. . 27_laughing.gif

This is why I used to just lurk, cause I knew once I started posting, it'd never end.