• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ask CGC" poll...

Should the "Ask CGC" forum be removed?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Should the "Ask CGC" forum be removed?

37 posts in this topic

I voted no because they answered my Ultimate Spider-Man 1 question during the first week that forum came into being.

Yeah...but your question was totally useless...."What color is the White USM #1?"....I mean...c'mon.... tongue.gif

Yeah...but your question was totally useless

I just posted another ASK CGC question: "What is the FMV on an ASM 238 CGC 9.8 sold by a guy named Rick?" Let's see if they respond with "Less than Fair guide..." tongue.gif

"there seems to be an implied "CGC sucks for not answering the tough questions!" vein to the entire idea of this thread"

Bummer. I was thinking that this thread would explicitly convey a "CGC sucks for not answering the tough questions!" attitude. Oh well.

I voted to keep it. With that thread remaining there is always the chance of it gettnig better. With it gone there is nothing. Since it is in its own heading, if you don't like it, don;t open it. But if it goes, then there is nothing to improve on.

Holy krap....I was trying to find out who pov was responding to and when I went to the first page of this thread a force had taken over....try it and see if the same thing happens to you...

I'm not the first to mention this, and I won't be the last. FF has a big hard one for CGC and would protect them under any circumstances. No negativity allowed, even if (in the case of this thread) you are bringing up a meaningful point.

CI, that's not only unkind, it's completely untrue. "Big"? Come on.

I did take your intent as semi-positive, but you phrased the poll's question in such a way that the majority of people who replied most likely agreed with the negative side of the sentiment more than the positive side of what you were trying to do. If this post stood alone as a point of negativity, I wouldn't have pointed it out...but ever since CI started posting again, there's a dark cloud of negativity in a large number of posts.

No, I've got a big hard one for seeing an issue from multiple points of view...but I can understand how your myopic egotism would interpret it differently. If your contributions to a debate originated from your brain and not your crotch, I'd probably take that as an insult; but I know you can't help yourself. A lot of men have the inability to keep their ego from clouding their judgement like you do.

I've given up the hope that you'll ever learn the selfless objectivity in esoteric discussions necessary to arrive at truth and discovery as opposed to argumentative victory, but on a less ambitious level, I sure wish you'd learn the difference between destructive and constructive criticism...

If you're talking about the Star Wars "Imperial March" theme, I inserted that in my reply last night about the "ComicInvestor Clone War." It's a somewhat sizable WAV file though, so your computer might not have downloaded it before you left the page in your initial replies.

I think I'll have to edit it out if people keep posing in this thread...I'm starting to get tired of it now. frown.gif

Agree........I would think the "hard" part was a bit overstated as well........at least that's what greggy tells me.

God I wish that weren't true...but I'm just having trouble performing since you left me to be with my arch-nemesis. frown.gifblush.gif

No, I've got a big hard one for seeing an issue from multiple points of view...but I can understand how your myopic egotism would interpret it differently. If your contributions to a debate originated from your brain and not your crotch, I'd probably take that as an insult; but I know you can't help yourself. A lot of men have the inability to keep their ego from clouding their judgement like you do.

I've given up the hope that you'll ever learn a selfless objectivity in esoteric discussions, but on a less ambitious level, I sure wish you'd learn the difference between destructive and constructive criticism...

Boy oh boy, you're lucky I have no idea who you're replying to right now, buster! mad.gifooo.gif

I don't know if he realizes who he's replying to. FF just needs to keep the world safe from those evil people who don't pray at the CGC temple like good little commies.

I say keep the 'ask CGC' thread, but the questions should appear immediately in the forum when asked rather than be moderated, ie ignored.

That way everyone can see when a question has gone un-answered and we may then compel CGC to at least have the courtesy to reply in some manner.

That way everyone can see when a question has gone un-answered and we may then compel CGC to at least have the courtesy reply in some manner.

Yea, a reach-around at least.

I say keep the 'ask CGC' thread, but the questions should appear immediately in the forum when asked rather than be moderated, ie ignored.

Great Idea!

Chris