• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's all play investment analyst

78 posts in this topic

Let's all play investment analyst just like you see on CNBC. You all know the drill, an analyst gets on tv to hawk their latest stock that will rise in value.

Well, lets do the same but only comic style!

If there is one comic book you can recommend, that you feel will rise in value, which would that be and why? The only rule is that the book must have a current value of $50 or LESS.

I'll even provide the appropriate disclosure:

All opinions provided in this thread are just that, opinions. These opinions should not be considered recommendations to buy as there is no guarantee in future price appreciation. makepoint.gif

Okay, DOV: Infinite Crisis Special #1. Great artwork, great story. And I think, they are going to use the storyline to reboot Captain Marvel as well as launch the ongoing Shadowpact series. If either one of those takes, we are looking at a significant book.

All opinions provided in this thread are just that, opinions. These opinions should not be considered recommendations to buy as there is no guarantee in future price appreciation.

That cover to #404 is AWESOME.The interior art is neat too.If I remember correctly,Kubert inks Adams for an unusual combination.There's a very sharp 9.6 on the latest comiclink focused auction,along with several others from the run that was spoken of.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

yeah, but raw? and i saw no 9.4+ qualifier either. 9.2s and 9.0s can be picked up easy enough for under 50.

Yeah, for the purpose of this thread, raccoonraccoon should establish what grade we're talking about.

Ok to make it more detailed...

$$$ requirement is $50 raw or slabbed

Grade should be at least 8.0 (I feel this grade still has excellent eye appeal without too many glaring defects)

Without getting to precise, this thread is about a book that will rise in value, that even the average collector can afford. The spirit of this thread is not to recommend a somewhar hard to get golden age book in VG condition.

The thread is more about comics that the average collector can acquire without too mcuh effort. That's the whole reasoning behind the $50 or less limit. Heck the book could have come out last month as long as there is some rational reason to why you think this book will rise in value.

For example: I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Origin series.

any of the Cardy cover Aquamans from 37-56...iirc Guide Price in NM.

the covers are killer, you get zero mention of Aquababy - for the love of God, WHY - and did i mention that the covers were killer? at least a goodly number of them are.

plus, there's some sort of movie related buzz, but i don't see it

any of the Cardy cover Aquamans from 37-56...iirc Guide Price in NM.

the covers are killer, you get zero mention of Aquababy - for the love of God, WHY - and did i mention that the covers were killer? at least a goodly number of them are.

plus, there's some sort of movie related buzz, but i don't see it

I heard the guy from Entourage was gonna play Aquaman and James Cameron was directing. Oh yeah, and Mandy Moore might be in it also.

insane.gif