• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's all play investment analyst

78 posts in this topic

I'll go with any of the 2nd tier DC series #1's, be it Loveless, Jonah Hex, or Testament.

Really? I can't imagine any of those being worth much. Don't get me wrong, I like two of those titles, but I wouldn't recommend them as investments.

I picked up an Avengers # 87 with the origin of the Black Panther in 9.2 the other day for about $50.It was slabbed by the OTHER grading company,so it doesn't carry the resale potential that CGC does,but it was cheap.If the Avengers movie ever comes out,and Wesley Snipes plays him,then Panther appearances might do something.Especially if they make the team an international covert op type of thing.I always thought those Thomas issues were perennial(sp?) classics.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

any of the Cardy cover Aquamans from 37-56...iirc Guide Price in NM.

the covers are killer, you get zero mention of Aquababy - for the love of God, WHY - and did i mention that the covers were killer? at least a goodly number of them are.

plus, there's some sort of movie related buzz, but i don't see it

I heard the guy from Entourage was gonna play Aquaman and James Cameron was directing. Oh yeah, and Mandy Moore might be in it also.

insane.gif

They already cast some dude for the Aquaman roll. No one I ever heard of.

the covers are killer, you get zero mention of Aquababy - for the love of God, WHY - and did i mention that the covers were killer? at least a goodly number of them are.

I heard the guy from Entourage was gonna play Aquaman and James Cameron was directing. Oh yeah, and Mandy Moore might be in it also.

insane.gif

And it's a TV series, not a film. Produced by the Smallville guys.

Speaking of nice Adams covers, I'm thinking JLA #71-100 would qualify for this thread as well. #74 has a Superman/Superman slugfest by Adams on the cover that nicely foreshadows upcoming Infinite Crisis events. #95 is an Adams Jimi Hendrix takeoff, similar to his Beatles takeoff on Batman #222. #98 is a cool black seance cover.

Apart from Adams covers, a lot happens in these issues: J'onn J'onzz leaves. Black Canary joins. The "new" Bronze Age Green Arrow moves over from Brave & Bold. Snapper Carr turns bad. The JLA moves to their satellite HQ. Zatanna guest-stars. Deadman guest-stars. Adam Strange guest-stars. Several JLA/JSA team-ups. Oh, and a cool Gil Kane cover on #78 to boot.

Some of the preceeding statements are forward-looking, and we refer you to the analysts' section of this report for additional risk factors, etc.

insane.gif

"Aquaman Roll" sounds like some bad sushi. crazy.gif

Hot of the heels of her new ongoing saga, I recommend Conan #23 and #24, the first appearances of the she-devil with a sword Red Sonja. These books are very reasonable in high grade. The fact that the new ongoing has been very late has in fact made this a great sleeper. Once the series gets back on track people will be flocking to the back issue bins for early issues of marvels greatest female character in addition to the ongoing.

Hot of the heels of her new ongoing saga, I recommend Conan #23 and #24, the first appearances of the she-devil with a sword Red Sonja. These books are very reasonable in high grade. The fact that the new ongoing has been very late has in fact made this a great sleeper. Once the series gets back on track people will be flocking to the back issue bins for early issues of marvels greatest female character in addition to the ongoing.

Good picks! Conan #24 is my favorite Barry Smith cover:

conan024fcsm3ip.jpg

Sticking to Conan, I would also recommend #14, 1st Elric. It seems to be one of the less common early Conans in high grade for some reason - certainly much less common than #15 which I see everywhere in 9.4 or better. There's been talk of an Elric movie for a couple of years, but nothing seems to have come of it so far. Who knows though - Moorcock is supposed to be involved somehow.

conan014fcsm6yi.jpg

Speaking of nice Adams covers, I'm thinking JLA #71-100 would qualify for this thread as well. #74 has a Superman/Superman slugfest by Adams on the cover that nicely foreshadows upcoming Infinite Crisis events. #95 is an Adams Jimi Hendrix takeoff, similar to his Beatles takeoff on Batman #222. #98 is a cool black seance cover.

From Adams' site checklist:

JUSTICE LEAGUE (DC)

Covers only - #63(NOT ADAMS. Art by Mike Sekosky), #66(Infantino layout), 67, 70(Infantino layout), 74, 79, 81, 82, 86-89, 91, 92(Infantino layout), 95(partly penciled by Swan), 96, 97, 98, 138, 139

#94 Cover and (November 1971) "Where Strikes Demonfang?" Written by Mike Friedrich, Adams pencils pages 1, 5, 20 and 22

#114 Reprints from various sources shown.