• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone please explain why someone puts a $5 bid on a $300 book?

66 posts in this topic

Most of the time my "watch list" is maxed out or close to it, so I'll sometimes throw a low bid out on a HG book I'm interested in possibly buying if it stays reasonable towards the end.

you know something that may be it. i have maxed out my watch list at times and it would then make sense to put the bid in. So in effect you would be able to watch almost 200 books.

Not to be rude but this question seems, Duh. Who wouldn't want to spend as little as possible?

Its pretty simple. if I put up an Amazing Spiderman 100 in 9.8 do you think you will actually win it for 5 bucks?

I just used the 5 dollar to 300 dollar example just to be simple.

A Batman 237 in 9.4 will never sell for 5 dollars unless it is a mistake.

I dont think these collectors are that dumb to believe that will happen

i am trying to figure out what the real reason may be.

Most of the time my "watch list" is maxed out or close to it, so I'll sometimes throw a low bid out on a HG book I'm interested in possibly buying if it stays reasonable towards the end.

you know something that may be it. i have maxed out my watch list at times and it would then make sense to put the bid in. So in effect you would be able to watch almost 200 books.

Exactly! thumbsup2.gif

Exactly! thumbsup2.gif

"I'm smart!" stooges.gif