• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

9.4 or 9.6? Tomato Boxer

23 posts in this topic

Gorgeous copy of a terrific book, Divad! Hard to see in the scan, but if there are a couple of tiny indents along the white of the spine, I'd go with 9.4. Otherwise, better. thumbsup2.gif

Is that a crease to the right of Galactus?

If not, there are some definite indents on the spine, plus some wear.

Not a crease but, if you look real close, you can see a tiny imperfection of similar ilk on the left side of the G-Man . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Grading Bastiche says.....9.4. Some of the printing on the left side looks scuffed.

I believe they all look like that - anyone? Similar to the black-line edge in Cap 110 . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

although I HATE the extra white on the spine.

I cant see why it would not grade a 9.6

IMHO, This book is like many other 9.4's I've had slabbed, that I thought had a solid chance at 9.6 because of the overall sharpness . . .

I've listed it as a 9.4, and will submit it if I don't get my minimum asking price grin.gif

Looks like a 9.6 to me.... confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Which brings up an interesting point . . . even in the best of OO collections, there are always variations in grades. This run of FF's (100-125) for example, range from 8.5 to 9.6, with almost equal distribution through the 5 grade points. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif But, I must've let my college roomates read #126-150, as most of these are in the 7.0 to 8.0 range foreheadslap.gif

Looks like a 9.6 to me.... confused-smiley-013.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Which brings up an interesting point . . . even in the best of OO collections, there are always variations in grades. This run of FF's (100-125) for example, range from 8.5 to 9.6, with almost equal distribution through the 5 grade points. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

gossip.gif But, I must've let my college roomates read #126-150, as most of these are in the 7.0 to 8.0 range foreheadslap.gif

I think it tends to be an pattern most collectors eventually see: The books in their OO collection from the era where they first got "hooked" are the lowest grade because they were the ones that were read so much..As time goes by, you learn about collecting (you mean these things go up in value??) and how to store books, etc. And maybe you nevr upgrade that seminal run, going after older

books, keys, etc...

I know for me it's the FFs in the 170's, the Spideys in the 150s, etc...

i'm thinking 9.4 as well.............those 2 slight imperfections by galactus, the slight loss of color on the black line and the spine stresses that others with younger eyes seem to be seeing..................... grin.gif

You know how I <font size=4>LOVE IT</font> when you preface your grade range in the title of a post. With that in mind...............

Solid 8.5 stooges.gif

Pure intimidation sumo.gif You are getting sleepy . . . 27_laughing.gif

You know how I <font size=4>LOVE IT</font> when you preface your grade range in the title of a post. With that in mind...............

Solid 8.5 stooges.gif

Pure intimidation sumo.gif You are getting sleepy . . . 27_laughing.gif

Must be a potential buyer...? wink.gif