• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

when does the crash on books i'm bidding on begin?

24 posts in this topic

Speaking of ebay, I'm really beginning to hate the words 'reserve not met'. Why not just tell us the minimum a seller wants for a book and be done with it?? That way I won't waste time (or the sellers if I have questions) on an item that was out of my price range from the get go.

Sorry ............ small rant. Bids on a book that I've been watching just jumped to what was my upper range, and it STILL hasn't met the reserve. Geez, how high is that reserve anyway??? Christo_pull_hair.gif

I saw a lot of comics close at low low prices last time and I wondered if they really changed hands at those prices.....?

Yeah, there was a guy selling a ton of Byrne CGC 9.4-9.6 copies on CL Auctions a few weeks ago, and starting price was $19.99 on most. There were bids on them, they closed, and then mysteriously, the guy posts them all again, but as EBay auctions at insane starting bids.

So there were either hidden reserves (doubtful) or the seller shill-bid at the "hidden reserve" and never actually sold any comics (very likely). After all, since CL hides who is actually bidding, shilling must be a very popular "technique". grin.gif

hey, deathlok - - -what are you doing? let it go. I guess Ive read just as mant Tumulty posts as you have but It never seemed like too many to me. I never noticed anything one way or the other. Whats the story with this?

Why you going all Ian on the guy??

are there reserves on the comiclink auctions? I saw a lot of comics close at low low prices last time and I wondered if they really changed hands at those prices.....?
When you look at Comic Link auctions after they have ended they look like the went for all time lows. In fact those are books that didn't sell because they didn't meet reserve. When those auctions finished the reserve not met is just not listed. I think Josh posted that in some thread a few weeks back.

hey, deathlok - - -what are you doing? let it go. I guess Ive read just as mant Tumulty posts as you have but It never seemed like too many to me. I never noticed anything one way or the other. Whats the story with this?

Why you going all Ian on the guy??

Pssst...you're next.

Im thinking these were reserve auctins... and that any Comiclink auction NOT advertised as a "no reserve" ' auction must have reserves placed by the sellers.

Their "Focused Auctions" have no reserves while the "eBetter Auctions" do. I won a couple of their focused auctions back in September.

So how in the world do you know when you've cracked the reserve? There was absolutely no notation of reserve, reserve not met, reserve met, etc. or anything on the auctions I saw.

I only placed bids on their "focused" auctions which have no reserve. I haven't tried any of their other auctions. I usually avoid any auctions (comiclink,ebay,etc.) that have reserves unless the reserves are listed in the item description.