• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

when does the crash on books i'm bidding on begin?

24 posts in this topic

So? What is the point of a reserve? I can understand that sellers have a miminum amount they want, but why not simply set the opening bid at that amount?

Bidding, even if below the reserve, can stimulate interest in the item.

So? What is the point of a reserve? I can understand that sellers have a miminum amount they want, but why not simply set the opening bid at that amount?

The truth of the matter is that some people just want to guage what their comic "would" go for. Like say you had an Amazing fantasy #15 cgc 5.0 and wondered how much someone would be willing to bid, but not necessarily interested in selling it (unless you get the crazy reserve you put on it). I have a buddy who does this all the time with his vintage toys. Also some just like to show off their collections this way to draw interest to other lower reserved or no reserved items.