• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swampthing 2 grading opinions

15 posts in this topic

Hi. New to the boards & CGC. I've built up a collection of scanned CGC books(from ebay auctions) to get a feel for their grading. Looking to see if my grading skills are in line with CGCs. I guess my most difficult area is in the 9.4 to 9.8 range. Any opinions on this book are appreciated. I consider it in the 9.4 area, but wouldn't feel comfortable grading any book higher.

Back cover added. I apologize as it is a little difficult to see the edges. It's a very clean & flat back cover. I'm using Photobucket & it may be resizing my scans. Not sure why as the images are below their 512k size request. I appreciate all the comments so far, good people here.

swampthing2.jpg

st2back.jpg

9.4 all day long. I have 9.6's with spine stresses and had a Swampy 3 in CGC 9.4 that i sold that had a ugly spiderweb crease at the top staple. It is hit and miss subjective grading and not that they are harder on the DC's in my opinion. Your Swampy 2 is a beautiful book and could be a 9.6 based on what i can see in the scan. Congratulations.

Scott

Wow, that's much better. Well, I will adjust my grade and go with 9.4. I think, maybe even a 9.6. But it is just a little too off center, I think, for 9.8. Sorry about the earlier grade. But that is why, I am The Grading Bastiche.

Wow, that's much better. Well, I will adjust my grade and go with 9.4. I think, maybe even a 9.6. But it is just a little too off center, I think, for 9.8. Sorry about the earlier grade. But that is why, I am The Grading Bastiche.
Look, here's Timulty again.

FC's a 9.8 Killer sharp copy . . . nothing like starting us off with your "reader" copies 27_laughing.gif

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

That's about the tightest, sharpest book I've seen gossip.gif Who did you buy it from . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif