• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quick question regarding a paypal dispute.

9 posts in this topic

Lets say you had comics shipped to you from one country to another and the seller promised to securely package the books to insure the condition you bought the books in would remain intact. well you get the package and it was packaged poorly and every book was damaged. I filed a dispute with paypal. Is it the sellers fault for incorrectly packaging the items or is it the fault of the shipping agency.

Thanks

Definitely the seller. You could throw a package of comics I ship acrossed the room without affecting the contents. The #1 rule to remember when shipping books(or anything) is that the person delivering them probably doesn't care about the contents as much as you do. So it falls on the shipper to ensure the contents are secure.

Mike

I filed a dispute with paypal. Is it the sellers fault for incorrectly packaging the items or is it the fault of the shipping agency.

Thanks

Unless the rules have changed recently, Paypal does not get involved in "quality of goods issues." So, as long as **something** is delivered, Paypal will wash their hands of it.

This is exactly how some scammers got away with shipping bricks in computer boxes. As long as the seller can show something was delivered, don't expect Paypal to help.

I filed a dispute with paypal. Is it the sellers fault for incorrectly packaging the items or is it the fault of the shipping agency.

Thanks

Unless the rules have changed recently, Paypal does not get involved in "quality of goods issues." So, as long as **something** is delivered, Paypal will wash their hands of it.

This is exactly how some scammers got away with shipping bricks in computer boxes. As long as the seller can show something was delivered, don't expect Paypal to help.

Exactly. Paypal won't give a stuff.

There is a way around this, but it's unethical.