• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Zombies #2 (spoilers - no pun intended)

62 posts in this topic

hm I did not know that. I need to watch more zombie movies I guess. Can't say that I've really seen any.

893whatthe.gif Go rent "Return of the Living Dead" this weekend! sumo.gif

(you won't be disappointed!)

Well, I'm a big fan of monster/horror movies and zombie movies are near the top for me. I like the original George Romero flicks and also the latest Dawn of the Dead which I think did a really good job. I like the Resident Evil movies too, but more because I liked the Playstation games. Though the second movie RE:Apocalypse was pretty darn good. Saw Land of the Dead. Good idea done badly. save your money on this one. But in pretty much every movie zombies just want to eat other living humans. Go figure. Personally, I'd think they'd go after everything...but I guess it wouldn't be worth it to put in a movie.

Well, I'm a big fan of monster/horror movies and zombie movies are near the top for me. I like the original George Romero flicks and also the latest Dawn of the Dead which I think did a really good job. I like the Resident Evil movies too, but more because I liked the Playstation games. Though the second movie RE:Apocalypse was pretty darn good. Saw Land of the Dead. Good idea done badly. save your money on this one. But in pretty much every movie zombies just want to eat other living humans. Go figure. Personally, I'd think they'd go after everything...but I guess it wouldn't be worth it to put in a movie.

28 Days Later was really cool too! thumbsup2.gif

Go figure! I really liked Resident Evil. As a stand alone zombie flick (apart from the game) I thought it was terrific. Lots of cool scenes from the guy getting sliced/diced by the lasers to the very first zombie encounter. Now my neice and nephew who both play all the RE games thought it was so-so. I asked why and was told that they thought it wasn't true to the game version! Like I said, go figure...

28 Days Later was really cool too! thumbsup2.gif

Oh, almost forgot about that one! Yeah, liked that one too. 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I just thought of something. They are showing Magneto on the cover for issue #4, but the zombies already devoured him completely. Of course they're are just replicating some classic covers; but it still makes you wonder if they really did eat Magneto in #1.

Well, I did see them cut his head off, hulk broke is leg off witht eh blood spewing, and everyone else decicded to join in. With lots of blood.

And then the leg of Mags gushed out of Mr. Hulk.

Somethign tells you something there. Unless there was two Mags.......

The blood! Oh the blood!

Oh wait, I am bloody crazy. laugh.gif

Well, I did see them cut his head off, hulk broke is leg off witht eh blood spewing, and everyone else decicded to join in. With lots of blood.

The blood! Oh the blood!

grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

The blood! Oh the blood!

Maybey one is Joseph!

Joseph?

Idk to much about the X-Men world. lol

http://www.mutanthigh.com/joseph.html

Affiliation: None

Previous Affiliations: X-Men

Aliases: Magneto III

Alternate-X Versions: None

Codename Etymology: Pronounced jzf [From Hebrew yosef "he will add" (Gen. 30:24)].

Powers & History: Control of magnetism, exactly like Magneto, but more powerful. Joseph was able to deflect entire asteroids with his talent, and repair the magnetosphere of the entire Earth.

The man called "Joseph" woke up one day in South America with no memories. He was taken in by a nun, Sister Maria, and worked on her orphanage's land. He soon realized that he had special powers that allowed him to control metallic things. After killing the men who had threatened the orphans, Joseph left, to find the X-Men so he could better understand himself. Upon his return to the U.S. he infiltrated the group known as Humanity's Last Stand, where he met Rogue. Rogue immediately recognized Joseph as being (a somewhat younger) Magneto, the Master of Magnetism, once the X-Men's greatest ally and also their deadliest foe, and also a former love interest of hers.

The two made their way back to New York just in time to help fight Onslaught, whereupon Joseph remained with the X-Men. While they have been reluctant to fully expose him to the deeds of the man he once was, fearing a regression, the team has started to help Joseph come to terms with himself and his past. In the meantime, Joseph investigated his past when he sought out the Acolytes, and actually assumed the role of Magneto to protect them from Humanity's Last Stand.

However, he denied them when he discovered that they were planning on attacking humans again. However, when Magneto resurfaced as an independent entity, Joseph's entire identity was called into question, and he joined Sabra on a quest for answers. While in Israel, he was approached by Astra II, a villainess who revealed that she had created "Joseph" from Magneto's cells. She had hoped to use him to destroy and replace Magneto, but although Joseph was more powerful, he had failed to kill Magneto once Astra left him on his own. During that battle, Magneto hit his clone in the head with a rock, leading to his amnesia.

Unfortunately, Joseph was soon captured by Astra and placed under her control, and had no choice but to fight his template again. Astra also revealed that Joseph had none of Magnus's self-preservation instinct, making him more powerful, but also able to burn himself out. When Magneto unleashed his magnetic pulse from the North Pole, Astra brought Joseph to stop him. Joseph again engaged his template in battle, but when the X-Men arrived and removed Astra, Joseph was free to act on his own to try and repair the damage done to the magnetosphere.

The effort was staggering, and only the mental support of Professor X kept him from losing his humanity and merging into the Earth's magnetic field. Colossus acted as a lightning rod for the furious magnetic energies, which Storm then gathered and channeled into Joseph, who released them into the magnetosphere.

Unfortunately, the effort burned out Joseph's body, and he aged to about 70-80 years old. Rather than stop, he elected to sacrifice himself to destroy Magneto's machines, and ensure that the world would not suffer a similar attack again. He expended all of his energy in one final blast, and disintegrated.