• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Zombies #2 (spoilers - no pun intended)

62 posts in this topic

gossip.gif He seems to have longer hair

Hehe, thanks for the info, I never knew there was more then one clone

of Mags, wether he took his Identity for escaping or w/e.

This is Marvel, Guess I should start expecting it huh? 27_laughing.gif.

(Marvel fan since 2002, though the only title I knew then was Peter Park SM.)

But.......I still say Mags is dead, and the Hulk still has the hole where Mags

leg fell out of. laugh.gif (Or does he? Zombies can't heal, can they? I mean, Spidey's

leg hassen't heald back since he broke it, and I doubt Tinker Bell will grow her head back! Forgive me, I have blanked out on her name...)

gossip.gif He seems to have longer hair

Hehe, thanks for the info, I never knew there was more then one clone

of Mags, wether he took his Identity for escaping or w/e.

This is Marvel, Guess I should start expecting it huh? 27_laughing.gif.

(Marvel fan since 2002, though the only title I knew then was Peter Park SM.)

But.......I still say Mags is dead, and the Hulk still has the hole where Mags

leg fell out of. laugh.gif (Or does he? Zombies can't heal, can they? I mean, Spidey's

leg hassen't heald back since he broke it, and I doubt Tinker Bell will grow her head back! Forgive me, I have blanked out on her name...)

27_laughing.gif Wasp was her name, but I think I like Tinkerbell better grin.gif

Well, I did see them cut his head off, hulk broke is leg off witht eh blood spewing, and everyone else decicded to join in. With lots of blood.

And then the leg of Mags gushed out of Mr. Hulk.

Somethign tells you something there. Unless there was two Mags.......

The blood! Oh the blood!

Oh wait, I am bloody crazy. laugh.gif

Maybey one is Joseph!

you beat me to it!!!! smile.gif

The price doesn't surprise me at all. I'd expect this book to go up as a lot of people probably passed on it. I knew I should have picked up multiple copies. Oh well, at least I have one.

Pat

Yeah, I expect the price to continue to go up. Probably $30-$40 will be the max. I'm sure alot of people passed on this one and with the buzz its generating along with this being a mini-series I would expect prices to continue to climb for all of the books for the short term. Probably $10 - $20 per book for #2-#5 after all is said and done. It IS a good read even if you don't plan on "investing" in the books.

I should have boughten the last three my LCS had of the first print first issue.

DAMN IT! lmao.

How much does everything think the Second Print First issue will go up in?

Or do you think it might just stay in current value unlike the first print?

Later prints don't tend to rise in value. I know, I know. That rules been broken a few times in the last few years. I just don't see it happening on this book. Unless it commands a third print. And then only marginally.

Pat

This is the same type of cr@p that happened in the early 90s...don't be fooled that any of these have any sort of value...

This is different than most of what went on back then, as this book was honestly under-ordered. It surprised a lot of people. I mean, when it was solicited, there was a thread about it here where the point of the thread was to make fun of it. I'm not saying buy a dozen and retire in ten years (i, as we speak, have my copies of 1 and 2 on ebay right now 27_laughing.gif,) it's just a little different situation than what you're comparing it to.

This is the same type of cr@p that happened in the early 90s...don't be fooled that any of these have any sort of value...

This is different than most of what went on back then, as this book was honestly under-ordered. It surprised a lot of people. I mean, when it was solicited, there was a thread about it here where the point of the thread was to make fun of it. I'm not saying buy a dozen and retire in ten years (i, as we speak, have my copies of 1 and 2 on ebay right now 27_laughing.gif,) it's just a little different situation than what you're comparing it to.

I have to agree here. Its an under-ordered miniseries not a regular series that launches with twelve covers of the first issue. And I think the value will hold at least for the short term because of the great covers. I think the #1 reprint will have some value as well since it has another cool cover. I doubt it will go up too much since I sure there will be more printed and available than the original. I figure it will top out at $10.

This is nothing like the 90's.

It's a great story, cool covers, and art that flows well with the story.

That being said, I'm sure it is of some value now due to the under-ordering and low initial interest. But it will definitely drop in price after its completion. Very rarely does any mini retain it's value.

Pat

The price doesn't surprise me at all. I'd expect this book to go up as a lot of people probably passed on it. I knew I should have picked up multiple copies. Oh well, at least I have one.

Pat

Yeah, I expect the price to continue to go up. Probably $30-$40 will be the max. I'm sure alot of people passed on this one and with the buzz its generating along with this being a mini-series I would expect prices to continue to climb for all of the books for the short term. Probably $10 - $20 per book for #2-#5 after all is said and done. It IS a good read even if you don't plan on "investing" in the books.

That seems a bit optimistic for a novelty piece... tho' I do admit liking the concept when presented in the Ultimate FF issues.

Especially after viewing the issue 3 preview at BuzzScope... the art looks more than a little rushed and not up to the level of the first two issues.

SPOILER WARNING (white type) for ISSUE 3

Very very very fun issue. Over the top violence. The zombies battle the Silver Surfer. Hulk bites off the Surfer's head and all the zombies eat him, getting lots of the power cosmic. Iron Man is torn in half, but the top half is cosmic powered now.

The Black Panther escapes and, walking down a street, is carrying the head of the Wasp, who pleads with him to feed her a finger or two. He meets up with humans, who we are to assume will battle the zombies later.

Oh, and on the last page, Galactus shows up. The zombies tell him that they've eaten the Surfer, and that Galactus is next. Just great stuff.

hail.gif

Pat

That seems a bit optimistic for a novelty piece... tho' I do admit liking the concept when presented in the Ultimate FF issues.

Especially after viewing the issue 3 preview at BuzzScope... the art looks more than a little rushed and not up to the level of the first two issues.

Well, I was thinking on the short term. Especially a graded copy of #1. I'd expect it could go that high.