• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man question

27 posts in this topic

OK, what's up with Flash Thompson??

He hasn't seen Peter Parker Parker since High School?? Was that car crash 'off camera' and now they get to retcon the flash/peter relationship??

Not quite.

Flash (as a Vietnam vet/soldier on leave) meets Peter Parker and pals in college.

Issue 72 I think. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I do recall some bronze/early copper appearance too. Maybe it's the one above mentioned about Hobby.

I thought, in the cancelled Specatular Spider-man title (recent volume), that Flash was a vegetable. Peter used to live with him and they hinted that Flash learned about Peter Parker's alter ego (due to careless costume changing due to being with a vegetative person). Kind of alluded to Flash coming back out of it. I don't remember what happened to the story but I think it was lost in the madness.

Pat

He hasn't seen Peter Parker Parker since High School?? Was that car crash 'off camera' and now they get to retcon the flash/peter relationship??

Some time in the late 90s/early 2000s forget when....Spiderman fought Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)....this fight led Flash Thompson to end up in a coma. He's been in this coma for years until yesterday.(Friendly neighborhood Spiderman #4). They said in FNS #4 during the convostaion between him and the principal that he had some kind of brain damage resulting from the coma....obviously this brain damage has made him forget many things about his life like his relationship with Peter Parker.

No a ret-con just a forgetful brain damaged Flash Thompson.

Some time in the late 90s/early 2000s forget when....Spiderman fought Green Goblin (Norman Osborn)....this fight led Flash Thompson to end up in a coma. He's been in this coma for years until yesterday.(Friendly neighborhood Spiderman #4). They said in FNS #4 during the convostaion between him and the principal that he had some kind of brain damage resulting from the coma....obviously this brain damage has made him forget many things about his life like his relationship with Peter Parker.

Tried to go to the main spiderfan.org but it wasn't loading.

So here's a quote from http://themonocle.tripod.com/Age7.html instead:

"...Norman Osborn begins plotting whole new ways to torture his arch-nemesis. He approaches Flash Thompson once again, but this time he forces him to get drunk and puts him behind the wheel of a car which crashes into Mid-Town High. Flash is put into a coma, to which Peter vows vengeance on his most hated of foes."

Exactly. Doesn't Flash even say that whole chunks of his memory are missing due to the brain damage? That alone explains why he doesn't remember any of his post-highschool relationship w/ Peter.

A bit soap-opera-ish, but in a world where a man can get bit by a spider and receive super powers, it's not exactly 'far fetched'.

It's about damn time we see flash though. He has been out fro a long time.

I still have the arc aswell. And plus the one comic which I think is 40? is now worth 50 bucks laugh.gif. It was during the whole Vol. 2 of Peter Parker, Spider-Man

Holy damn, dude. I bought the full run of Peter Parker: Spider-Man last year for like 30 bucks. It must be #44 you're thinking of, because it's listed at $50 at comicspriceguide.com.

When did the price jump, and why? It was after the printing of the most recent overstreet, because I just checked mine and it's listed at $3.00.

Regardless, thanks for this small surprise.

Holy damn, dude. I bought the full run of Peter Parker: Spider-Man last year for like 30 bucks. It must be #44 you're thinking of, because it's listed at $50 at comicspriceguide.com.

When did the price jump, and why? It was after the printing of the most recent overstreet, because I just checked mine and it's listed at $3.00.

It's a mistake. No way could you get $50 for that book. gossip.gif

I thought that might be a possibility, but the CGC census shows 119 slabbed copies (compared to 4-10 of other issues in the series), so people seem to be hedging their bets.

doesn't really matter anyway, i looked at my copy and there's this odd crease thingy (non color-breaking) that runs parallel to the spine all the way down the book about 2/3" from the spine edge. With moderns it seems to be "9.8 or bust"

Exactly. Doesn't Flash even say that whole chunks of his memory are missing due to the brain damage? That alone explains why he doesn't remember any of his post-highschool relationship w/ Peter.

A bit soap-opera-ish, but in a world where a man can get bit by a spider and receive super powers, it's not exactly 'far fetched'.

Well, I have the complete run of this series and I want to know, where has Flash been all this time? I know in the series he had the car accident and was in a persistent veggie state. Peter was living with him in this apartment building and took him up on the roof at times for fresh air. But this story line was pretty much dropped once Pete got back together with MJ for good and then they moved to Avengers Tower. Where's Flash been since? confused.gif

I thought that might be a possibility, but the CGC census shows 119 slabbed copies (compared to 4-10 of other issues in the series), so people seem to be hedging their bets.

doesn't really matter anyway, i looked at my copy and there's this odd crease thingy (non color-breaking) that runs parallel to the spine all the way down the book about 2/3" from the spine edge. With moderns it seems to be "9.8 or bust"

Hmm, that sucks! But man, if this book jumped that much just because Flash is back, I might have to buy up all those Mile High copies and sell them on ebay to the suckers that "invest" in comics. That's just insane! 893whatthe.gif I think someone is sniffing something at the price guide. But we'll see in the next week or so if this issue starts moving. Hmm, I guess I better get mine slabbed quickly, I do have a mortgage payment coming up.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I have the complete run of this series and I want to know, where has Flash been all this time? I know in the series he had the car accident and was in a persistent veggie state. Peter was living with him in this apartment building and took him up on the roof at times for fresh air. But this story line was pretty much dropped once Pete got back together with MJ for good and then they moved to Avengers Tower. Where's Flash been since? confused.gif

Good question. I never finished reading my run of Peter Parker: Spider-Man, so I don't know if he's still in the wheelchair at the end of the series, but perhaps it's something we'll find out now that Flash is indeed back...

My guess is that if he was still in a veggie state when Peter moved into Avengers Tower, then he probably got passed off to a family member...?