• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing #1 - newbie grader

4 posts in this topic

I'm a novice when it comes to grading so I could use a little help.

What you need to know:

Swamp Thing #1

Back cover: Printer's crease running about 2 inches long upper left hand side running from the edge of the cover.

Front: Bottom edge of the cover there is a slight ding/depression (to see exact location locate swampy's middle finger and trace a line straight down to the edge of the book). Shows on interior pages as well (argh!).

Front:

100_0853.jpg

Back:

100_0852.jpg

lower edge ding (interior pages):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/jshedosky/100_0857.jpg

I gave a link to the third picture because it was crappy and hard on the eyes. It should give some idea of what I'm talking about with this ding. Basically the ding kind of looks like if you took a pen tip, layed it down flat on the edge of the comic and then pressed down, you would get this kind of flaw (sorry that's the best I could do).

#1 you need to get a scanner. That gives a better picture of what you are dealing with. #2. The pic size is almost perfect. You really need a scanner. #3. Great description that is very helpful. I am giving this book a grade of 8.0 but that is because the pics aren't clear enough to give me any other idea of what the book's grade is.

yeah I actually have a scanner that I used with my laptop in college. I am at home now and the area around my computer is such disaster. Plus my scanner is a combo print/scan so the thing is god aweful large and annoying to move around. For something as trivial as this one comic, I just don't feel like setting it up. Maybe I'll try scanning this book over the weekend when I have more time and patience.

#1 you need to get a scanner. That gives a better picture of what you are dealing with. #2. The pic size is almost perfect. You really need a scanner. #3. Great description that is very helpful. I am giving this book a grade of 8.0 but that is because the pics aren't clear enough to give me any other idea of what the book's grade is.

possibly a little better than 8.0...but without a decent pic it's hard to have a clear guess.

regards