• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most difficult short run you ever completed

47 posts in this topic

I'm a couple of issues short of a 1-22 run of the quality comics Spirit.

Aztek the Ultimate man - DC Comics. This Grant Morrisson 12-issue series took me over 2 years to complete.

The final issue took me for ever, even Mile High never has a full run. But last year a fellow forum dweller found me a copy cloud9.gif

Frank Miller Daredevils would take about 10 minutes to complete if you were just going to buy them...

Now if you were gathering them and buying them individually and telling us a story about how you had to save money to buy a run, that's a different context. But in terms of having trouble finding them? Hope you didn't spend a lot of time tracking them down because they are EVERYWHERE.

I haven't had much trouble collecting runs, since I am not picky and I don't go after esoteric golden age stuff. That said, these took me a bit of time to complete, in nice shape anyway.

Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser: 1-4 (Epic)

I spent YEARS looking through local LCSs in search of 2-4 (1 seems fairly common) with no luck. Then I discovered eBay and I got them in less than a month. tongue.gif Fantastic issues with Mignola art.

Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 1-4

Sinister House of Secret Love 1-4

These gothic love/horror issues aren't that tough, but it did take me awhile to find them in VF or better. SHSL 3 seems to be the toughest. Too bad it also has the best cover of all 8 issues.