• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Brave and the Bold 34 First time in the light in 19 years

22 posts in this topic

The bottom staple looks like it could be a little loose / bent?. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are a few light stress lines along the spine . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice clean BC, but for the dust shadow . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great book! 8.0 sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif

The bottom staple looks like it could be a little loose / bent?. . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are a few light stress lines along the spine . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nice clean BC, but for the dust shadow . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great book! 8.0 sumo.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Bottom staple is tight. thumbsup2.gif

It's just the way it came out from production. confused-smiley-013.gif

Again, Pages are WHITE yay.gifyay.gifcloud9.gif

My first thought was 7.5, but it may even reach 8.0.

It all depends on how hard CGC hits that dust shadow. The shadow is pretty heavy on this one...I still think 8.0 is solid.

I've had books with better looking spines and dust shadow get a 8.5, so with these spine breaks, i figured 7.5.

My first thought was 7.5, but it may even reach 8.0.

It all depends on how hard CGC hits that dust shadow. The shadow is pretty heavy on this one...I still think 8.0 is solid.

My scanner makes the book look much darker than it really is, including the shadow. The book is much brighter in the hand.

since it's a D.C. comic i'd have to say 7.5, if it were a marvel comic it would be an 8.5 easily.

You guys are killin-me. tonofbricks.gif

It's paper, ink and staples.

So are marvels.

They should be created equal.

If I received that book in the mail as an 8.0 I would keep it.It just seems to have too many strong points for a 7.5.Someday I'll post my ASM 9 that has a dust shadow that makes that look invisible.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

Thanks for all the opinions.

I've always pegged this book as a VF 8.0. I don't believe it has enough defects to warrant any lower, and it has many strong attributes like white pages, tight staples, sharp corners.

The detractions along the spine and the dust shadow are there, but those are what keep it out of the NM range.

A lot of my favorite books are like that one,as I can't afford early silver in the "world class" grades.That BB 34 looks like it probably came off the spinner rack like that.I hope you don't decide to,but a press and clean job might put your copy to the 8.5/9.0 level.Kubert Hawkman is about as good as it gets.You're very fortunate to have that one.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif