• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are You a Character, All Round or Genre Collector ??

35 posts in this topic

HI ALL

Currently i`m 99% character collector (Conan) 1% (Kull)

So i guess i`m 100% in the genre realm.

I know myself by know (48 yrs.) if i wander, i`ll get a collection of mish-mash.

I enjoy the sci-fi, hack & slash genre of Conan and the like.

Its what i read as a 11 & 12 yr. old BG (before girls) !!!

What about you ??

ps. i came so close to buying a CGC graded "Ritchie Rich" comic it ain`t funny !

LEE

Hulk, Hulk, and Hulk. With the TTA issues of the Hulk. I think if I would collect another character. It would be Daredevil. But I have to complete the Hulk first. So..definately character.

I have a fairly varied collection and have collected in many different genres over the years. One has always remained most prominent in my searching though and that is 1970's martial arts. Can't get enough of it. thumbsup2.gif

Definitely "All Round" as I'm interested in reading everything...good and bad. But I have to admit, the Conan, Kull and Red Sonja's is what I like reading the best...so I can understand your passion for that particular genre.

I'm reading it all so I can have an opinion on what's good and not. Experiencing the different artists through the ages is kinda' cool too. Recently been reading the Kazar run in the early '70's and the best issues were at the end when the title got cancelled after only 20 issues...right in the middle of the story.

Anybody know if they ever printed the rest of it ..... like they promised....

.."to be continued..somewhere". confused.gif

I'm a character/all around collector. I have my favorite characters that I've collected as a kid, but I like to pick up the odd book here and there and if it's good I'll run with it for a while. Mostly into the Marvel/DC superhero books, but I've picked up Conan here and there and movie tie-ins like Aliens and Terminator as well as The Maxx.

Recently been reading the Kazar run in the early '70's and the best issues were at the end when the title got cancelled after only 20 issues...right in the middle of the story.

Anybody know if they ever printed the rest of it ..... like they promised....

.."to be continued..somewhere". confused.gif

The GCD says the story is continued in X-Men # 115

http://www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=30764

I only collect the superhero genre, and I'm a "character" collector. The problem is, I like (and am therefore collecting) too many characters!!! smile.gif My want list seems endless sometimes, but I've made a lot of progress over the past couple of years. I haven't even started collecting anything from the GA yet. That's after I finish all the Silver, Bronze, and modern runs I want to complete. Oy vey. smile.gif