• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Book Would You Rather Have II

Which Book Would You Rather Have II  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which Book Would You Rather Have II

36 posts in this topic

Hehe alrightee...anybody read this book? Any good? Sounds kinda like camp just from the title.

I got a copy that I read when I'm in the tub.... 893whatthe.gif

I dunno man, the Hulk looked kinda wimpy on the cover!

As usual Greggy, you are without a clue. wink.giftongue.gif

Although I love Steranko's work, I voted for ASM #122. It has always been a book I wanted to own, and so many times when I was younger passed on it.:( Great Cover! Spidey w/ more rage than ever! The Goblin taunting Spidey while Gwen's limp, lifeless body hangs in his arms. Awesome!

Now if the Cap option had been #113, I'd have voted for that!

Chris

As usual Greggy, you are without a clue

Shaddup, at least I've seen all the books as compared to some fools! wink.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

Hehe alrightee...anybody read this book? Any good? Sounds kinda like camp just from the title.

Yo, I'm working on a complete HG run of that book and let me tell you, from a story standpoint... it's very okay. wink.gif But the HISTORICAL value of this book is incredible. If you ever get a chance, take a look at the names of the people who worked on Dark Mansion. Kaluta, Jeff Jones, Neal Adams, Alcala, Chaykin, KIRBY........ getting it yet?

Plus, the fact that the books are pretty hard to find in high grade makes it all the more attractive to hunt, no?

I took Dark Mansion - 'cause of the cover. Saw it featured one year in overstreet and fell in love with it instantaneously. Also, I do not collect Spider-man and I already have the other two. So..... maybe that had something to do with my choice.

If you ever get a chance, take a look at the names of the people who worked on Dark Mansion. Kaluta, Jeff Jones, Neal Adams, Alcala, Chaykin, KIRBY........ getting it yet?

Yes indeedy! Definitely a rep! (seriously). But I say we push the "it is a "girl book" thing as much and as far as we can so the prices will drop because of folks afraid of buying such a "girlie book".

Yes indeedy! Definitely a rep! (seriously). But I say we push the "it is a "girl book" thing as much and as far as we can so the prices will drop because of folks afraid of buying such a "girlie book".

Yes! Yes. In fact, those names I listed were all made up! Er, that was JAMES Kirby -- Jack Kirby's completely untalented younger half-brother! Yeah, that's the ticket! Is it too late for me to go back and erase my post?? 893whatthe.gif

If you ever get a chance, take a look at the names of the people who worked on Dark Mansion. Kaluta, Jeff Jones, Neal Adams, Alcala, Chaykin, KIRBY........ getting it yet?

You are right, Majorisity! Freddie Kaluta, Billie Bob Alcala, Herman Chaykin? Sheesh. And BTW - it is Neile Addams and Jiff Jones! Just giving fair warning and disclosure so no one gets ripped off!

ASM 136.....if there's any cover I'd want to be PERFECT, that's the one. From the list, I would have to go with ASM 129. Since I've never actully owned a copy, I might as well get one that's NEWSTAND FRESH....