• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man #129 WOW

9 posts in this topic

I've been tracking this one on another board since before christmas. It goes something like this.

The original owner sells it for $162.50. The buyer refuses to pay once he realizes he's been duped by the Lion's Gate version (assumption) and the owner relists it. A second buyer purchases it at $305. He happens to live very close to the seller. He re-lists it before he ever receives it (within about 30 minutes of winning it). He's so excited, he messes up the auction details twice, then gets it right. The bids start coming in once he starts his auction and the next thing you know, were at $710 dollars for a Lion's Gate Copy of ASM 129.

Wow is right. makepoint.gif

You can see the LGF logo on the top righthand corner where the light blue "Marvel Comics Group" strip runs across. Although i must admit i wasn't aware there was a Lion's Gate reprint. I did a bit of research and it was done for the premiere of the Punisher movie in 2004. Very sneaky but because of the way the auction is presented i would have never bid.

You can see the LGF logo on the top righthand corner where the light blue "Marvel Comics Group" strip runs across. Although i must admit i wasn't aware there was a Lion's Gate reprint. I did a bit of research and it was done for the premiere of the Punisher movie in 2004. Very sneaky but because of the way the auction is presented i would have never bid.

Not to mention the huge Punisher blurb right under Spidey's head that is missing on the real one, or the empty price box. Honestly, someone has to be pretty dumb to spend $700 on a comic without even LOOKING at the scan or comparing it to an actual ASM 129.

The added touch first and 2nd auction exact same picture and description and starts day after first ends. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If the 2nd auction buyer is legit good luck getting his money back.

This isn't the 1st time this guys done this sort of thing. He's done the same when he sold a ASM #1 Golden Record book. (6589752255) 893naughty-thumb.gif

This auction by cool1392 looks really suspicious... the bid was raised up 25 times by a user named asj2211, a user with a feedback of 1. Guess who gave asj2211 all 5 of his feedbacks?