• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sin City and other things I have seen...

9 posts in this topic

Been transferred to the overnight shift and been to busy to be on here or do much of anything else for that matter!

But, finally watched Sin City on On Demand. I thought the comic book feel was very good and (I cant believe I am saying this, but..) I actually...LIKED.....Mickey Rourke in this movie! Whoda thought! Jessica Alba was diffenately the highlight! thumbsup2.gif And I will watch it again!

Also saw Million Dollar Baby (not a comic movie, but the way Swank looked in it, I figured it wouldnt be to bad...and I was right.) Although Mr. Eastwood certainly is far away from his Dirty Harry days...

Also been watching the Spider-Man cartoon in the morning (nothing else to do when you get off from work at 7am!) Its been pretty good so far, they chopped up some of the story lines from the comics (really went far off on the Secret Wars thing...) but its been fairly entertaining!

Havent had time to search through the old posts...have I missed anything fascinating around here??? Or has it been the same old, same old?

Which Spider-Man cartoon? I recommend you check out "the new animated series" from 2003 on DVD. 13 episodes and without doubt the best animated incarnation (and i've seen the 60's,70's,80's and both 90's shows).

Dont think this one is that new...it was done by Avi Arad...It had Venom coming from a spaceshuttle and taking over Parkers body...Secret Wars started by the Beyonder, but it was weird with Madam Web as an associate of Beyonders....

Which Spider-Man cartoon? I recommend you check out "the new animated series" from 2003 on DVD. 13 episodes and without doubt the best animated incarnation (and i've seen the 60's,70's,80's and both 90's shows).

Dont think this one is that new...it was done by Avi Arad...It had Venom coming from a spaceshuttle and taking over Parkers body...Secret Wars started by the Beyonder, but it was weird with Madam Web as an associate of Beyonders....

Right. That would have been the 94-98 show. I remember watching those Venom episodes when they first aired. They are from the first season. Really enjoyed them and yes they did mess up the continuity a little there but believe it or not that was the series that stayed truest to the sacred text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_The_Animated_Series

But make sure you check out the 2003 show. Best $22 bucks i ever spent and all the episodes are in one volume.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000VC...lance&n=130

Sin City was a bit better than Batman Begins and Million Dollar Baby was awesome.

true and true popcorn.gif

Sin City was a bit better than Batman Begins and Million Dollar Baby was awesome.

The Clive Owen segment killed SC in my eyes. Just dull. Nothing kills an anthology like a middle cr@p section. Good at the beginning and end. At least BB was steady throughout....

Jim

The Clive Owen segment killed SC in my eyes. Just dull. Nothing kills an anthology like a middle cr@p section. Good at the beginning and end. At least BB was steady throughout....

Jim

That WAS the weak part of the movie...but IMHO most of BB was weak, and you couldnt beat the part where Mickey Rourke dragged the criminal through the street with the driver door open while he was driving... 893applaud-thumb.gif