• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Dealer Review #9 - Superworld Comics

23 posts in this topic

My only contact with Ted was back in 2000. I was selling my personal comics (I had a table) in NY. Ted came by (before the show opened - 10:00) and looked at my inventory and asked me to put a few aside for him and he would decide later whether to purchase them. The total cost would have been a few hundred dollars.

I had little knowledge who Ted was or cared. My goal was simply to sell the comics I brought with me. My 2:30 I I decided that if he couldn't come by to pay for the books I would show them to someone else. I guess I should have looked for TEd and let him know that I was offering the books he was interested to someone else? MY attitude was if you can't stop by during the day you aren't particularly interested. Anyway, he stopped by near the close and I told him I sold one of his books and he walked away in disgust. I guess there is a protocol among sellers that I didn't understand. Then again, as my Wall st associate says, "you only deal with people who you like". I guess I wasn't cut out for sales.