• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what would you do?

30 posts in this topic

I don't understand your question. Please rephrase it. confused.gif

I feel like I'm totally ripping this guy off, it's worth like five bucks. Maybe I'm nuts screwy.gif but he must of meant to bid $2.50.

$20.50 confused-smiley-013.gif

You look at the image right?

Okay, I will rephrase for you.

You think that the ending price for the book in the auction is too high for the condition that the book is in. Right?

Why would you care if the bidder was willing to bid that high for it?

Would you sell a book at guide if the auction ended at a price over guide?

Would you sell a book at guide if the auction ended at a price under guide?

I don't understand your question. Please rephrase it. confused.gif

I feel like I'm totally ripping this guy off, it's worth like five bucks. Maybe I'm nuts screwy.gif but he must of meant to bid $2.50.

Well then he should be more careful when he bids. Nobody makes people bid on this stuff. If they want to pay $20 for used toilet paper, let them. This is America - let the market decide what it's worth! tongue.gif

I wouldn't worry about it. You described the item well and had large pictures. An auction lets people decide how much they are willing to pay, and that's exactly what happened. Just be thankful you did well. confused-smiley-013.gif

You would have sold it for $10 or $11 anyway, looking at the bid history. Go and invoice the guy. If he says he made a mistake say no problem and offer 2nd chance to one of the other bidders. Neg him if you want or don't. Pretty simple.

You think that the ending price for the book in the auction is too high for the condition that the book is in. Right?

Right, 100x too high.

Why would you care if the bidder was willing to bid that high for it?

Would you sell a book at guide if the auction ended at a price over guide?

Would you sell a book at guide if the auction ended at a price under guide?

If I start an auction at a price below what I want for an item and then not get what I wanted, then that's my fault or the risk I took. If an auction ends for over what I thought I'd get for it, I can usally comprehend it.

I guess I have some weird sense of consciense. screwy.gif

Yeah, the buyer is paying what seems to you high but that's not an unconscionable price for that book. I wouldn't pay that but it's only $20 AND you're doing him a favor by throwing in free shipping. I like that idea and I'm sure the buyer will appreciate it thumbsup2.gif

I don't see a problem at all. He was obviously willing to pay that price. You're not gouging him, he's gouging himself. But if he's happy with his purchase, it will be worth it, regardless of the price.

About two years ago I had an auction for a sega genesis game. It ended up selling for $40. I was expecting no more than $10!

Turns out the buyer had been looking for the game I was selling for a long time. So he was happy.

Looks like the same kinda thing happened here.

I don't see a problem. Throwing in free shipping is a good move.

Looks to me as there was a bidder at $20 as well. It just takes two on eBay.

Really, though, I do not think is sold for more than it should have. It is clearly better than a coverless copy despite the damage. It is complete with a tight interior per the description. Sometimes it's harder to find a cheap reader than a VF copy in a slab.