• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone buy Black Gas?

16 posts in this topic

My LCS was sold out. They'll have one for me next week, but I'm just wondering if it was any good... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I agree it was just an average opening for a zombie book. It threw in some slight uniqueness with the ancient indian history and being on an island.

The thing that gets me with these Avatar books are the mult-covers they offer! Just take a look in the back of the book to see all the various cover there are. Way too many IMHO!

But of course I picked up the "gore" cover thumbsup2.gif...anyone else?

i fliipped through it and made it a 9.0 for someone else. Nothing great imo

Did the same - I get the feeling Avatar specializes in publishing work by name writers that couldn't be sold elsewhere.

i fliipped through it and made it a 9.0 for someone else. Nothing great imo

Did the same - I get the feeling Avatar specializes in publishing work by name writers that couldn't be sold elsewhere.

I believe it was actually a request from Avatar ("Please, please, please Warren, write me a horror story. Make it a zombie story")

Picked this one up. Pretty interesting. Kind of slow but hopefully it will pick up. Got the "Gore" cover. Haven't really been into horror comics in a long time so this was nice. I've always loved zombie movies and the Marvel Zombies miniseries got me wanting more. Also picked up the Platinum Edition #1 as well. Very sweet. Good spooky cover.

Me too--OK. 1st Avatar I've ever bought...do you think they offer enough covers...I mean every book has 5 covers, sheesh. The 2nd iss should get better as the mystery of the Black Gas is unraveled. By the way, I got the gore cover.

i ended up getting it and was not impressed. Now i could use a nude lady death cover but thats the only thing NOT advertised in the back.

Me too--OK. 1st Avatar I've ever bought...do you think they offer enough covers...I mean every book has 5 covers, sheesh. The 2nd iss should get better as the mystery of the Black Gas is unraveled. By the way, I got the gore cover.

Yeah, I noticed that about the covers.. Man, five covers per book.. obviously hoping to cash in on the completists out there. Just need one copy for me thanks. 27_laughing.gif. Only got the Platinum cover cause it was going for the same cover price. This is the first Avatar book for me too.