• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bait & switch anyone??

36 posts in this topic

He's also collecting 6% sales tax from customers in Oregon, which is illegal, not just an eBay violation...

What is illegal about this? I'm asking because I've won auctions from sellers that charge sales tax but I've never been in their state so I haven't had to pay it.

Oregon has no state sales tax, so even if this seller maintains an office in Oregon they are not permitted to charge for it. Big companies with offices in many states can charge you your own state's sales tax if they maintain a presence there, but that doesn't apply to states with no sales tax of their own.

He's just pocketing an extra 6% on the sale. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Late again, as usual.

Oregon has no state sales tax, so even if this seller maintains an office in Oregon they are not permitted to charge for it. Big companies with offices in many states can charge you your own state's sales tax if they maintain a presence there, but that doesn't apply to states with no sales tax of their own.

Dang, that's pretty sleazy!

cloud9.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif
cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif
Texas hater 893naughty-thumb.gif
I just hate you. sumo.gif
acclaim.gif
893censored-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
Is this where you say "Later Jerkette, off to the Gym"? Which we all know is a euphamism for your self-enjoyment session.

cloud9.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif
acclaim.gif
893censored-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
Is this where you say "Later Jerkette, off to the Gym"? Which we all know is a euphamism for your self-enjoyment session.
Nope, not for another 2 hours! hail.gif

cloud9.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif
acclaim.gif
893censored-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
Pace yourself, you don't want to develop a rash.

cloud9.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif
acclaim.gif
893censored-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
yay.gif

cloud9.gif

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif
acclaim.gif
893censored-thumb.gif
confused-smiley-013.gif
yay.gif
foreheadslap.gif

He's also collecting 6% sales tax from customers in Oregon, which is illegal, not just an eBay violation...

What is illegal about this? I'm asking because I've won auctions from sellers that charge sales tax but I've never been in their state so I haven't had to pay it.

I clicked on the "sales tax" link on the bottom, and it appears he charges sales tax to all 50 states?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ItemSalesTaxTable&item=6599123787

Besides Oregon, New Hampshire and I believe Alaska don't have any sales tax.