• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bait & switch anyone??

36 posts in this topic

Anyone know this dude??

Hulk 181

You won't have to worry about the Hulk 181, cause that's bait on the end of the hook. The only real shot you'd have of getting that would be to buy all 300 lots from him, and even then you'd be lucky to get it. This is usually a method for card and comic sellers to move crappy or slow moving books. Just add a good one here or there and shovel the rest of the 893censored-thumb.gif on with them.

"All emails asking about when the item was shipped or if payment has been recieved will be ignored until 4 weeks have passed."

9.95 for the first 25 comics shipped via Media Mail, then 7.95 for each additional lot...

"If you leave me anything other than positive feedback without contacting me first so we can work out a soultion to the problem, then I WILL respond with NEGITIVE feedback. PERIOD. "

His auction, of course, is a violation of eBay rules... All Dutch auctions must contain identical items... Sealed packs of baseball cards meet the criteria because the seller is not the one who packed them and therefore has no way of effecting the results... If all he was selling was bags of 25 common 90s books he would be okay, since he could claim they were functionally identical. But to pimp your auction based on the "chance" of getting a Hulk 181 that he knows whether you are getting or not is a violation...

This is what got me:

I've included this note as for some reason someone considered our auctions to be a drawing type listing and reported it to ebay as such.

Anyone from these boards?? 893applaud-thumb.gif

And:

The comics shown in the picture are some truly great comics, but are in no way guaranteed to be included with every single item purchased. All those books represent is a sample of the lots as a whole. Just like packs of baseball cards may include 1 or 2 high dollar star cards and the rest commons the same rules apply here.

Great...except that how do WE know you actually put that one "special issue" in any of them? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

his feedback shows a guy disappointed in not being able to buy his Essential TOD 1 for the winning bid - $0.01 - because the item was "no longer available."

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

seller is a POS

This stuff is a riot, from the bottom of the auction.......

The Indiana Paranormal Society: www.IndianaParanormal.org

The Indiana Paranormal Society Message Boards: http://xsorbit30.com/users5/ips/index.php

Our goal is to gather and collect data that will lead to a better understanding of ghost and hauntings. We consistently work to obtain real and solid evidence of the existence of ghosts and always strive to maintain a professional approach in the presentation of such evidence. In the process of pursing that goal, we also wish to aid any individuals having problems dealing with or understanding a situation. We hope to do this by educating them as to the true nature of their situation and giving them the information and understanding necessary to create a livable resolution for the person and the spirit. We will also assist people who cannot live with their situations or put them in contact with trained professionals who can assist them. We are open minded to all theories and methods as this is still not an exact science. Everyone in the field of paranormal research learns as they go. Hopefully, in the end, we will collect the necessary proof and field-tested theories that are vital to bringing the subject of ghosts into the mainstream.

i can tell you all firsthand that this guy is a scam artist. a few months ago i decided to take a chance on him and bought a few back issues at a penny each and pay his rediculous shipping prices.

i opted NOT to pay insuarance and sure enough nothing ever got sent out to me. if i would have contacted him he would give me some shpeel about me not paying insurance (as you can see if you read his negs.)

so consider yourself warned but if indeed you do choose to EVER deal with this scammer then DO pay the shipping insuarance.

Lets all report him again!

Done on items 6599123787, 6600101192, 6599575286 .

Guy seems like a jerk, everyone should report him.

As ever, eBay will do nothing about this. Just don't buy anything from the guy and spread the word so that others don't either. makepoint.gif

i can tell you all firsthand that this guy is a scam artist. a few months ago i decided to take a chance on him and bought a few back issues at a penny each and pay his rediculous shipping prices.

i opted NOT to pay insuarance and sure enough nothing ever got sent out to me. if i would have contacted him he would give me some shpeel about me not paying insurance (as you can see if you read his negs.)

so consider yourself warned but if indeed you do choose to EVER deal with this scammer then DO pay the shipping insuarance.

Hang on. You DIDN'T receive the books yet DIDN'T contact him to let him know because you ASUMED what response he would give you? Sorry but you made a mistake there. There could have been a million reasons to it and although it does look like he didn't send them you still should have chased him up. Hate to stick up for that con artist but IMO you were in the wrong there.

I like how he has 4 pages of giant text and then in then in tiny tiny text he says "Most comics are in Near mint to Mint condition but a few are in fair condition or basically reading copies" When someone complains about the quality of the comics they are getting he points to this text and insults the buyer because they can't read.

He's also collecting 6% sales tax from customers in Oregon, which is illegal, not just an eBay violation...

What is illegal about this? I'm asking because I've won auctions from sellers that charge sales tax but I've never been in their state so I haven't had to pay it.

There's no sale tax in Oregon! gossip.gif

He's also collecting 6% sales tax from customers in Oregon, which is illegal, not just an eBay violation...

What is illegal about this? I'm asking because I've won auctions from sellers that charge sales tax but I've never been in their state so I haven't had to pay it.

Oregon has no state sales tax, so even if this seller maintains an office in Oregon they are not permitted to charge for it. Big companies with offices in many states can charge you your own state's sales tax if they maintain a presence there, but that doesn't apply to states with no sales tax of their own.

He's just pocketing an extra 6% on the sale. 893naughty-thumb.gif