• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the most you've spent to win an Ebay auction

21 posts in this topic

I was wondering what was the most you spent to win an auction.

I just won a lot of 18 silver age X-men which will fill the hole in my collection a lot.

An aditional 10 were british pence editions.

I am trying to figure out did I overpay.

$260 is the most i spent on an auction win.

although i did attempt a serious snipe bid of $2426 with 5 seconds on an auction, only to be the 2nd highest bidder to SNE on an X-Men 1 CGC 9.4 SP.

i may exceed that bid with a snipe bid on sunday...

Re: I am trying to figure out did I overpay.

Not sure how this will help your dilemma, but the most I spent at one time was $522.28 for a VF copy of Green Lantern 5, Justice League 3 and 5 in Fine+ and a Justice League 22 in VF.Done in Oct./01. Guide at the time was around $800.00 and I do remember the bidding on these was fierce.

As far as determining whether you over-bid or not, depends more on what you paid versus condition. You probably did all right as it is very difficult not to get a good deal on e-bay. I mean as long as you get what was represented anyway.

The best deal I got was a Journey Into Mystery that looked awful on the sell sight, but I had a strong suspicion I could flatten it out easily with no creases. I got the book for $240.27 and I grade it today as a solid VF, which guides currently at $502.00.

the most at one time was 598.00 for a Hulk #181 and X-men 94 combo, both in VF condition raw. had them slabbed, here they are

0117359001.jpg

0117359002.jpg

BTW they were both graded pretty acurately by the seller.

BTW part 2. I just learned that image thing and i am pretty charged up to use it.

I sniped a guy for a Super DC Giant S-21 issue once for over $400. However, I ended up selling it for $600 because the runner-up EMAILed me and offered me that $$, as he needed it to complete his run. 893whatthe.gif

$3,200 for my Hulk 181 9.6 White.

I remember being openly mocked for the purchase at the time as I think I broke my previous record of $2550 for my previous 9.6. I think Gene told me a dealer friend he knew was laughing at the stupidity of the buyer (me). I sold it for $5k last month. wink.gif