• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High II Uncanny X-men #94 spotted on ebay.

7 posts in this topic

What do you guys think about this? Now I really suspect Chuck has entire crates of #94 in NM condition stocked away in his treasure trove warehouse.

Well, Mile High II books seem to be like cockroaches...if you spot one copy of an issue, there are probably many more out there. Although if Chuck still has dozens or hundreds of copies in his warehouse, I have to tip my hat to him for having the incredible restraint to hold on to them in spite of all the financial difficulties Mile High Comics has faced over the years. I don't think anybody but Chuck and a few others know for sure. The best course of action is probably to spend what you can afford (discretionary income) if you're in the market for the book and not treat your purchase as an "investment"...live by this rule and it won't matter if there are or aren't hoards of additional copies out there.

Gene

The best course of action is probably to spend what you can afford (discretionary income) if you're in the market for the book and not treat your purchase as an "investment"...live by this rule and it won't matter if there are or aren't hoards of additional copies out there.

Hear-ye! Hear-ye! Its just tough to do when that book you've been waiting for suddenly makes its appearance on ebay. But otherwise, a solid rule of thumb. Did this yesterday with a Marvel Spotlight 5 on ebay in VF/NM 9.0 that went for $280; guide price was $136. Just couldn't justify spending that kind of bread on a bronze-age book, but its one book that doesn't show up in high-grade (slabbed) all that often.

You can throw the guide out on MS 5. I haven't seen one yet in HG go for anything even resembling guide. So if you want one, better be prepared to pay over guide. As far as Chuck still having a bunch of NM X-Men 94s sitting around, maybe. But if they are 9.2s and below it doesn't really matter since for a bronze book 9.2 is considered low, most people want 9.6s and on this book 9.4s.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2173284418&category=33826

What do you guys think about this? Now I really suspect Chuck has entire crates of #94 in NM condition stocked away in his treasure trove warehouse.

No, but Chuck did find significant quantities of the four big Bronze Age books (GS X-Men 1, X-Men 94, Hulk 181 and ASM 129) as I've seen many MH2 copies in my years of collecting. He likely sold most off over the years, as they were easy money to save him from driving MH Comics into the ground. grin.gif

But who really cares? If I want a copy, it's because I want it, not because I'm gambling on the flawed premise that any Bronze Age comic (not counting price variants) could ever approach rare.