• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you all think??

14 posts in this topic

Not sure about these auctions. On the one hand she has bought a CGC Daredevil before but then on the other hand all the CGC label scans on her auctions are fuzzy and can't be read (yet if you look at some of her other sales of teddies and the like the photos are very clear). She has a great feedback record but check out the bidding patterns on the 170, 178 and 191.

Hope I am not becoming too sceptical.

Batman auctions

I will send her an email as well requesting CGC number.

With 100% positive feedback, and almost at 200, I think it's legit. I'm watching them all, but now that you posted them here, I doubt I have a chance of getting a good deal. smile.gif

Bad mistake Rob...you should have said it's a scam... and then you could have got them a lot cheaper laugh.gif

Anyway seems legit to me...maybe it's just that she has a cheap digital camera, with poor macro, so close-up shot are out of focus?

Come on.....let's be serious here. You honestly think that me posting this here has any impact on the price? These are 60's DC SA's. Those who collect DC have the appropriate keywords and check regularly if not daily.

Honestly, I think it's legit. If you're going to scam, and risk destroying your established ebay record, why do it on these books? They wouldn't bring in enough cash to make it worthwhile. You've got to think like a crook. wink.gif

U.S. bidders only please 893frustrated.gif

banghead.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

U.S. bidders only please 893frustrated.gif

WHY? WHY? WHY? Do people not realize how much extra money they could make by making their products available to other countries?

I know, I know, this has already been covered in previous posts. But still...WHY??? 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893censored-thumb.gif

Too worried about Paypal scams is what I hear most. Some will sell if you email them, and you've got a good feedback rep.

They're really worried about some Zero bidder from Iceland winning an expensive book, payin gvia Paypal, and then claiming through PP or reversing the charges when the book "doesn't arrive".

No matter what you do, any non-US bidder can claim a Paypal credit and they WILL receive it.

Too worried about Paypal scams is what I hear most. Some will sell if you email them, and you've got a good feedback rep.

They're really worried about some Zero bidder from Iceland winning an expensive book, payin gvia Paypal, and then claiming through PP or reversing the charges when the book "doesn't arrive".

No matter what you do, any non-US bidder can claim a Paypal credit and they WILL receive it.

This happened to a friend of mine. He sold a set of modern books for $80, and the buyer filed this claim.

As a seller, there is apparently a way to protect yourself from this. If you ship via express w/insurance, and within 5 days from receipt of payment(or something like that), you can dispute the claim.

More ebayers should do what I do, put no international bidders please, and then follow that with a huge--but I will make exceptions if... Basically, if an international bidder is willing to pay for GPM or airmail, I will send them however many books they bid on (heck, whatever they bid on, sent a rancor toy to the U.K once). In fact, I recently had a bidder from Germany spend 20.50 on a 35+ lot of inexpensive comics, and then turn around and not flinch when I quoted them 23.00 for airmail (yup, more than they paid for the comics, and I even knocked off a buck to be nice, and paid for insurance out of my own pocket, but I actually made 5-7 dollars more than I though I would on the auction, so it was no biggie).

I also had a bidder from Italy pay 9.00 GPM for a 5.50 comic book. Not to mention the transaction this year that involved Portugal, and the many Canadian transactions (in fact, I am waiting on payment for some pencils as I write this, and I always laugh that I indicate that I do not ship internationally, yet my FIRST transaction was for Origin 1 in Oct 2001 to a Canadian bidder, he left me one of my first feedbacks as a seller---had 63 at the time as a buyer, now have 933, most as the seller of merchandise with no negs/neutrals cool.gifsmile.gif).

I do not go out of my way to INVITE international bidders, but I have NEVER turned away a bidder (have been involved with transactions going to Finland, The Netherlands, Spain, France, Italy, Canada, The U.K/Ireland, Germany, and I have probably forgot a country or two laugh.gif).

Edited to fix a spelling error and add: Hmm, I have been lucky, maybe my international sales are small enough that it is not worth it for someone to try a scam (although if I ever had a transaction that generated 70-100+ dollars from an international bidder (S&H not inclusive), then I might seriously think about charging them at least half of what Global Express would cost, so I could track the dang package, and have it automatically insured, if their country would not accept GE mail, than I would at least insure the package for the full amount...if I can tell Paypal that they could file a claim with their local delivery agency to get all their money back/or send me back the merchandise so I could complete the claim, then I could see Paypal thinking twice before letting a scammer get away with a chargeback).

In fact, I recently had a U.S. bidder do a charge back for a $4 comic (seriously, a charge-back for a 4 dollar book, yeah...I know, crazy), yet I told paypal (and gave them the pertinent info) that I printed out an on-line address label to take advantage of e-confirmation (FREE for Priority mail, only .13 cents for first class/media/parcel post...versus 45 retail DC for Priority/55 cents for first class/media/parcel post), and I insured the package (yes, the buyer paid for insurance for a $4 book, so I insured it), so Paypal e-mails me saying I qualified for buyer protection and I never had the funds pulled from my account.

This guy must have had someone illegally access his bank account, but doing a chargeback for all his recent ebay purchases was uncool (we had communicated prior to/after I received payment, I had left him positive feedback, and in fact he had left me positive feedback, so the reason for the chargeback for such an inexpensive book, and a smooth transaction, remains a mystery).