• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20 years of the Marvel New Universe

25 posts in this topic

What Marvel is doing is revamping with a bunch of one-shots next month with Starbrand, D.P. 7, Spitfire and the rest of the "New Universe".

The only book in my opinion from 1986 that had a shot at lasting was Starbrand.

Towards the end, John Byrne could not even save the book.

What Marvel is doing is revamping with a bunch of one-shots next month with Starbrand, D.P. 7, Spitfire and the rest of the "New Universe".

The only book in my opinion from 1986 that had a shot at lasting was Starbrand.

Towards the end, John Byrne could not even save the book.

Starbrand was kinda cool in an 80's way. Which was the worst of the worst?

Here is the layout of titles...

Starbrand

Spitfire and the Troubleshooters

Nightmask

Justice

Psi Force

DP7

Mark Hazzard: Merc

Kickers Inc.

I could be wrong... but Kickers Inc. was about a football team that gets powers.

It has been a while.

Here is the layout of titles...

Starbrand

Spitfire and the Troubleshooters

Nightmask

Justice

Psi Force

DP7

Mark Hazzard: Merc

Kickers Inc.

Which was the worst? A close call between Spitfire and the Troubleshooters and Kickers Inc.

Having said that none of the titles were great. I enjoyed Starbrand, Psi Force and DP7 initially, but they all tailed off badly. crazy.gif

Which was the worst of the worst?

Kickers Inc.

I second that...

There were some other titles that didn't go too far at this time period that were in the regular Marvel universe. Anyone remember 'Dakota North' or 'Comet Man'?

BTW, there's a good overview of the New Universe including it's history & politics at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Universe

Never heard of them but I remember the Nam coming out at the same time as the New Universe and some were trying to lump this great book in with them. 893naughty-thumb.gif