• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mcfarlane art.

10 posts in this topic

mcfarlane art is gonna cost at the bare minimum 500 a page for panel pages. He kept most of his spawn art. so all that is available is pre spawn stuff and most of it is iconic. I would venture to say a nice mcfarlane splash page from say one of his spiderman runs or his detective comics run would be between 2 to 5 grand and covers only god knows. I know he auctioned of a pre-lim last year for one of his sports things and it sold for 2 grand. Good luck. Just some advice you might start out smaller. look at new comics and find an artist you like then seek their work out. A Mcfarlane piece is for somebody who has collected for a while. I have all kinds of sketches and 2 commissions on the way and some various Splash and panel pages and I still don't have a mcfarlane or a frank miller piece they are just too expensive.

McFarlane Hulk isn't too insane. You can get a so-so panel page for around $175.

Yeah on some of the earlier crappily inked issues that isn't a good representation of his art you may get one for a couple hundred.

I've been keeping an eye open for a page closer to the end of his Hulk run without much success.

Check THIS OUT ! ! !

Should give you an idea. McFarlane is nice, but you can buy whole books of OA for the price of that page

painful drawing to look partially saved by great inks...i wouldn't pay 100$ for it (ok i would...just to re-sell it).

regards

Looks fine to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally, I would think the Scott Williams inks might hurt the value of the piece. Todd on Todd is the only way to go.

Check THIS OUT ! ! !

Should give you an idea. McFarlane is nice, but you can buy whole books of OA for the price of that page

painful drawing to look partially saved by great inks...i wouldn't pay 100$ for it (ok i would...just to re-sell it).

regards

Looks fine to me. confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally, I would think the Scott Williams inks might hurt the value of the piece. Todd on Todd is the only way to go.

imho no Todd on no Todd is the only way to go... wink.gifgrin.gif

they might hurt the value, but they won't make your eyes bleed. so you end up winning in the end smirk.gif

just teasing, i just really don't apreciatte him as an artist...

regards