• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Book Spectacular 50! Sunday February 19th

18 posts in this topic

DON’T MISS NEW ENGLAND’S PREMIER SHOW FOR COLLECTORS OF COMIC BOOKS FROM GOLDEN AGE TO CURRENT PLUS TOYS, GAMES, ANIME, VIDEO & OTHER POP CULTURE!

1 DAY ONLY!

OVER 120 TABLES! OVER ONE MILLION COMIC BOOKS FROM 1938-2006!

COME SEE WORLD-CLASS DEALERS JIM PAYETTES RARE COMICS, SUPERWORLDS TED VAN LIEW (AND OF COURSE) AND MUCH GOLD AND SILVER!

IT’S BEEN “THE BOSTON COMIC BOOK SHOW” SINCE 1975!

BOSTON COMIC BOOK & TOY SPECTACULAR 50!

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2006 10 A.M.-4 P.M.

Boston Radisson Hotel 200 STUART ST. BOSTON 6TH FLOOR

Special guest artists and writers:

MICHAEL AVON OEMING Red Sonja, Powers, Thor, Avengers,

NEIL VOKES The Black Forest, The Mask, Untold Tales Of Spider-Man

BRYAN J.L. GLASS Quixote, 86 Volts, Magician: The Apprentice

CRAIG ROUSSEAU & TODD DEZAGO Perhapanauts

also featuring:

SQUARECAT COMICS, HANNIBAL KING, DAVE TATA, PAUL GOULD,

MIKE DOHERTY, AMERICAN ANIME, GEOFF MOSSE, JAMES INGRAHAM

& more

ADMISSION $6 ($5 WITH FLIER OR COUPON)

EARLY PREVIEW 9:00 A.M. $12

FANS 10 AND UNDER WITH ADULT FREE AFTER 10 A.M.

primatepromotions.com 978-388-6576 primatepromos@ aol.com

2006 DATES:

FEBRUARY 19

APRIL 23,

JULY 23,

SEPTEMBER 17 (JUST ADDED) thumbsup2.gif,

NOVEMBER 5.

DON’T MISS NEW ENGLAND’S PREMIER SHOW FOR COLLECTORS OF COMIC BOOKS FROM GOLDEN AGE TO CURRENT PLUS TOYS, GAMES, ANIME, VIDEO & OTHER POP CULTURE!

1 DAY ONLY!

OVER 120 TABLES! OVER ONE MILLION COMIC BOOKS FROM 1938-2006!

COME SEE WORLD-CLASS DEALERS JIM PAYETTES RARE COMICS, SUPERWORLDS TED VAN LIEW, ODYSSEY AND MUCH GOLD AND SILVER!

IT’S BEEN “THE BOSTON COMIC BOOK SHOW” SINCE 1975!

BOSTON COMIC BOOK & TOY SPECTACULAR 50!

SUNDAY FEBRUARY 19, 2006 10 A.M.-4 P.M.

Boston Radisson Hotel 200 STUART ST. BOSTON 6TH FLOOR

Special guest artists and writers:

MICHAEL AVON OEMING Red Sonja, Powers, Thor, Avengers,

NEIL VOKES The Black Forest, The Mask, Untold Tales Of Spider-Man

BRYAN J.L. GLASS Quixote, 86 Volts, Magician: The Apprentice

CRAIG ROUSSEAU & TODD DEZAGO Perhapanauts

also featuring:

SQUARECAT COMICS, HANNIBAL KING, DAVE TATA, PAUL GOULD,

MIKE DOHERTY, AMERICAN ANIME, GEOFF MOSSE, JAMES INGRAHAM

& more

ADMISSION $6 ($5 WITH FLIER OR COUPON)

EARLY PREVIEW 9:00 A.M. $12

FANS 10 AND UNDER WITH ADULT FREE AFTER 10 A.M.

primatepromotions.com 978-388-6576 primatepromos@ aol.com

2006 DATES:

FEBRUARY 19

APRIL 23,

JULY 23,

SEPTEMBER 17 (JUST ADDED) thumbsup2.gif,

NOVEMBER 5.

We still have a few dealer spaces but artist/writer alley is now full. Our next Boston show is April 23 and creator space is free while available.

This will be our 50th show in Boston. cloud9.gif

Just received this from Superworld, one of our many Gold and Silver dealers with great inventory!

Hello Superworld Customers!

We will be in Boston this coming Sunday, February 19th

at the Boston Comic Book and Toy Spectacular

At the Radisson Hotel 10-4

We will be bringing lots of never seen before sale books!

GOLD AND SILVER

Blowing out a collection quick, so stop by for some great deals!

What happened to the over crowded days of this show back in the early 90's? It used to be packed,now it's just the same thing over and over again.

You mean the age of speculation? I hope you sold your Valiants and Spawns by now. Most people that buy them in 2006 actually enjoy and care about comics. If this is what you do then the show is as strong as ever. The bootleg video guys are gone but there are more comic books than ever, Golden Age to Current. The floor space is also larger than it was then.

Could you be specific about what is the same? confused-smiley-013.gif

What happened to the over crowded days of this show back in the early 90's? It used to be packed,now it's just the same thing over and over again.

I hadn't been to show since the early 80s when I started again a few years back so I can't compare it to the 90s. Some have definitely been better than others, but its still the best I've been to in the area.

Can I get in for free now? grin.gif

Thanks to everyone who made the show a tremendous success! The attendence was super and the fans, guests and dealers we're very happy! Three large Silver-Age collections were new to market and a long-time collector was selling some personal pre-code nuggets including high grade westerns. I hope that there has been a correction in the comic book market or at least the comic book show market. Did any board members go? any feedback? confused-smiley-013.gif

I hadn't been to show since the early 80s when I started again a few years back so I can't compare it to the 90s. Some have definitely been better than others, but its still the best I've been to in the area.

Can I get in for free now? grin.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks to everyone who made the show a tremendous success! The attendence was super and the fans, guests and dealers we're very happy! Three large Silver-Age collections were new to market and a long-time collector was selling some personal pre-code nuggets including high grade westerns. I hope that there has been a correction in the comic book market or at least the comic book show market. Did any board members go? any feedback? confused-smiley-013.gif

Well... it was a bit of the same old, but worth it for me. I picked up a small stack, mostly from Ted's bargain bins.

Are you refering to the mostly Atlas/Marvel westerns with some monsters mixed in? Those were indeed quite nice, and books that I don't see often in that condition. They were tempting but I need to focus elsewhere.

I assume the 3 new Silver collections were stuff added to Ted's bargain bins, a bunch of boxes of Patrick's I'd never seen before and the third was where/whose? I think I missed that one.

If only CKB had been there. frown.gif

I assume the 3 new Silver collections were stuff added to Ted's bargain bins, a bunch of boxes of Patrick's I'd never seen before and the third was where/whose? I think I missed that one.

. frown.gif

Monny in the back right corner of the Jack Kirby room. Mostly 1960-1965 DC and Marvel runs. My personal favorite collecting period. smile.gif Glad you made it to the show.

I almost didn't go, because money has been tight lately, with unexpected expenses and a wedding coming up. But my fiancee and I both wanted to get out of the house, so I figured, "What the heck? I'll take a look." I was also impressed that Primate, when my invitation card bounced back (because I recently moved), hand-wrote my new address and sent me another one. Great marketing, guys.

I'm glad I went, because I got a Captain Marvel #1, at least F+, from Ted's $10 bins. That alone made the trip worthwhile! I also got decent deals on a B&B 115, one of the dwindling number of post-50 issues I still needed, and a mid-grade but solid Fantastic Four 37.

You mean the age of speculation? I hope you sold your Valiants and Spawns by now. Most people that buy them in 2006 actually enjoy and care about comics. If this is what you do then the show is as strong as ever. The bootleg video guys are gone but there are more comic books than ever, Golden Age to Current. The floor space is also larger than it was then.

First time I went to the show was back in 91 when Mcfarlane was there and it was called The Howard Johnson's.... cloud9.gif Place was packed,you really couldn't walk around cause thier were so many people around. Bootleg video fat people gone? You mean no more piracy being sold? 893whatthe.gif

First time I went to the show was back in 91 when Mcfarlane was there and it was called The Howard Johnson's.... cloud9.gif Place was packed,you really couldn't walk around cause thier were so many people around. Bootleg video fat people gone? You mean no more piracy being sold? 893whatthe.gif

<old man voice> Musta been '70-something for me. Heck, I 'member when Don Phelps was a' runnin' the show, 'n' Bill Cole had The Comic Kingdom in Quincy, bought m' first back issues there - I was just a little shaver then - 'n' gas was .07 a gallon...

Its true. Except for the gas. makepoint.gif

One guy who was also selling comics had one table with a bunch of DVDs and a small monitor. It was very low-key and he was banished down the hall.

I went. I ended up with half a dozen trades for 50% off from a dealer who's name I can't recall....

I hadn't been to the show in while and was impressed with the layout. Totally renovated. I thought I was on the wrong floor.

The only complant i have is that I didn't know where the artist's room was untill I had to leave....I was walking around looking for it and was thinking that maybe they couldn''t make it....Course, I could have asked someone, but that isn't within the male nature to ask directions....