• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name Your Favourite Recent Comic Book Film

Favourite Recent Comic Book Film  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Recent Comic Book Film

60 posts in this topic

The first half of The Rocketeer was pretty good, but then it degenerated into that insipid Gansters vs. Nazis sub-plot that virtually ruined the movie.

Then again, that was back in the day when Jenny C. actually had something to hold up. 893whatthe.gif

The first half of The Rocketeer was pretty good, but then it degenerated into that insipid Gansters vs. Nazis sub-plot that virtually ruined the movie.

Then again, that was back in the day when Jenny C. actually had something to hold up. 893whatthe.gif

why am i not surprised? 893frustrated.gif i liked the idea how they were playing off errol flynn being a supposed nazi agent....besides, the mafia are americans too. did jenny c get a breast reduction? 893whatthe.gif

i liked the idea how they were playing off errol flynn being a supposed nazi agent..

Yes, that whole Hollywood twist was great fun. Hollywood doesn;t often poke fun at itself and when it does, it can be a fine ride. Also loved the Rondo Hatton makeup on that heavy with the gruesome face. It was nice to see Rondo's face again. He really couldn't act but he tried hard and put up with a lot due to his acromaglia. In The Brute Man he actually played himself (excpet for him being a multiple murderer). Rondo started as a rather handsome guy, was popular in high school, on the football team as I recall, and somerthing of a rake with the women. Then he was in WWI and the current legend is that he was gassed and this caused the acromagalia to begin. It is popularly called "giantism". Organs and physical features enlarge until the victim dies from the effects. In The Brute Man he played a handsome college student who had a chemistry experiment blow up in his face and caused his features to be horribly distorted. Only thing was - no makeup was needed. This was actually one of the Universal Studios films but they got scared and sold it to PRC (Publishers Releasing Corporation - on of the two Poverty Row studios I love so much - the other being Monogram).

OK - I know this is 893offtopic1.gif but Rondo was and still is a fascinating guy and one of my favorites. I have an orig9inal Universal 1-sheet of Universal 1945 Jungle Captive on my wall with a fine head shot of old Rondo.

Rondo? This post is for you!

Then what did we get? TMNT

Hey! I really enjoy TMNT! I mean, what are you gonna do with four turtles and a rat? What I liked best about it was that the characters were not cgi but some pretty good makeup. Call me a kid. Call me a jerk. Call me an imperceptive one. But I just enjoyed TMNT.

PS - just don't call me late for supper!

Excuse me, LFS, but "Ninja Rap"? Any movie with a Vanilla Ice cameo is not a good movie. Tsk. To think that I once respected your offbeat moviegoing sensibilities.

Excuse me, LFS, but "Ninja Rap"? Any movie with a Vanilla Ice cameo is not a good movie. Tsk. To think that I once respected your offbeat moviegoing sensibilities.

Excuse ME your Majorosity - but I DO believe you are referring to TMNT II - The Secret of the Ooze! TMNT culminates not in a disco but on a rooftop where Shredder is flung to his "ready for a sequel death" into a garbage truck that is "accidentally" OOPSed by Casey Jones.

Now - for your homework tonight - you must HANDWRITE 100 times, and then scan into this forum - I SHALL NOT CONFUSE THE ORIGINAL WITH A SEQUEL

(yeah yeah - edited for two typos)

Excuse ME your Majorosity - but I DO believe you are referring to TMNT II - The Secret of the Ooze! TMNT culminates not in a disco but on a rooftop where Shredder is flung to his "ready for a sequel death" into a garbage truck that is "accidentally" OOPSed by Casey Jones.

Now - for your homework tonight - you must HANDWRITE 100 times, and then scan into this forum - I SHALL NOT CONFUSE THE ORIGINAL WITH A SEQUEL

(yeah yeah - edited for two typos)

A) EVERYONE knows that when you mention liking ONE movie,that means you like the WHOLE SERIES. Sorry, I don't make the rules. Talk to Darth.

B) You told me via PM or telegram or something that you have the TMNT 2 SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :::a collective gasp is heard throughout the message board::: Did I mention that I saw Vanilla LIVE a few years back? Oh secret shame, thy name is Greggy. (Coincidence? I think not.)

A) EVERYONE knows that when you mention liking ONE movie,that means you like the WHOLE SERIES. Sorry, I don't make the rules. Talk to Darth.

Nope - I have actually been a bit involved in film. Produced a few music videos in the 80's, did some restoration on a damaged Johnny Five robot from Short Circuit (I know! I know!) and wrote many laserdisc and dvd reviews for a national film magazine. BUT MOST IMPORTANT - I own a slew of movies and watch them a LOT! So I must acquiesce to my own movie rules!

You told me via PM or telegram or something that you have the TMNT 2 SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never, ever, EVER told you such a thing and you are simply trying to get out of trying to use a pen or pencil (or crayon in your case) to write out that assignment! And I have kept every PM I have ever written! And you lie like a rug! tongue.gif

Now GET WRITING!

Nope - I have actually been a bit involved in film. Produced a few music videos in the 80's, did some restoration on a damaged Johnny Five robot from Short Circuit (I know! I know!) and wrote many laserdisc and dvd reviews for a national film magazine. BUT MOST IMPORTANT - I own a slew of movies and watch them a LOT! So I must acquiesce to my own movie rules!

You told me via PM or telegram or something that you have the TMNT 2 SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never, ever, EVER told you such a thing and you are simply trying to get out of trying to use a pen or pencil (or crayon in your case) to write out that assignment! And I have kept every PM I have ever written! And you lie like a rug! tongue.gif

Now GET WRITING!

YE CATS!!!!!!!!!! YOU WORKED ON JOHNNY 5?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? "Short Circuit" is one of my favorite movies of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No foolin'! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gifcloud9.gif

Okay, okay, Pov never said he owned the TMNT 2 soundtrack. There, are you happy now?!? grin.gif

No foolin'!

No foolin'. It was sent to the Boston Museum of Science (actually, it was one of who knows how many) and had some damage in transit. So I fixed him up. (Dang it was hard to resotore him with archival glue and japan paper!)

Interesting thing - it was VERY light. Primarily plastic - remember those car models that had plastic "chrome"? hat's what old Johnny felt like. I'm sure they had different "gauges" of the prop for various scenes but I have to admit- it was fun playing plastic surgeon to the stars!

The best way I can say it is:

Spider-man was such a killer story, that even bad acting, slightly comical CGI and the laughable Green Goblin couldn't stop it from becoming a huge blockbuster.

893offtopic1.gif but anyone know if there have been any clips for the Twin Towers deleted scene released?

[quote893offtopic1.gif but anyone know if there have been any clips for the Twin Towers deleted scene released?

Yeah, the trailer had one (helicopter caught in webbing between the buildings) and I think deleting that ultra-lame sequence actually helped the movie. I remember when that trailer was aired, and you could hear the groans and jeers.

It looked like the 60's Batman.

Yeah, the trailer had one (helicopter caught in webbing between the buildings) and I think deleting that ultra-lame sequence actually helped the movie. I remember when that trailer was aired, and you could hear the groans and jeers.

Actually, according to the movie makers/producers, that scene was filmed specifically for the teaser trailer and was never intended for inclusion in the final movie. I don't know how true this is, but that is their story.

Actually, according to the movie makers/producers, that scene was filmed specifically for the teaser trailer and was never intended for inclusion in the final movie. I don't know how true this is, but that is their story.

Exactly, that's their story.