• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB GI Joe 21

33 posts in this topic

Well, here you have a live one - specifically:

G.I. Joe #21 from 1984 CGC 9.6 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE Pages

If you want it, the price is $240 and it includes delivery in US via boxed Priority - let me know!

Regards, Byron

1093277-gi21.JPG

PM sent.. popcorn.gif

juggle.gif

A request for larger pics was made - see below. Enjoy, Byron

The top staple, when viewed from the back, seems to have a funny look to it. Basically, the black border that surrounds the issue number and price is showing slightly on the back cover. This is a 9.6 for sure.

I should add that this issue was never read and purchased from a "speculator" of new comics back in the mid 1980's. Sadly for him, he did not pick too many winners (50 sets of Secret Wars anybody - still 4 or 5 left?).

DSC04839.jpg

DSC04841.jpg

DSC04843.jpg

Byron,

Great copy. My question is I have a 9.6 that was unread also like yours and it has exactly the same spine stresses that your copy does. Did it come off the presses like that ? pretty crazy book.

And Dungeon, the meatball was going to respond before someone else did that you indeed did say you were looking for 9.6s. So i dont appreciate the name calling when you were the one who started a post looking to purchase said mentioned book and now are making excuses why not to purchase it.

Byron,

Great copy. My question is I have a 9.6 that was unread also like yours and it has exactly the same spine stresses that your copy does. Did it come off the presses like that ? pretty crazy book.

And Dungeon, the meatball was going to respond before someone else did that you indeed did say you were looking for 9.6s. So i dont appreciate the name calling when you were the one who started a post looking to purchase said mentioned book and now are making excuses why not to purchase it.

I kid. I kid. flowerred.gif Im looking at the book. I may buy it.

Byron,

I am not really sure about this comic as the speculator I purchased this from only had 2 of these. However, he had about 50 copies of Secret Wars #8 and I sent the best 10 to CGC. I received several 9.6s and 3 9.8s but nothing higher. The comics came from a shipping case which was never unpacked (not an actual unoped/sealed case, rather a case that contained 3 different issues which were all never opened). The Secret Wars #8 were as nice as you could get and out of 50 "perfect" copies I could only get 3 9.8s. Seems to me these mid 1980's books were "light" in that the covers seem thinner and the pages are "fluffy". You often see comics from the mid 1980's which are not flat where they were not folded completely - this I see alot.

I ramble - the GI Joe is a nice 9.6 - if that is what someone wants, someone should buy it! poke2.gif

happy weekend,

Byron