• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Spam?

12 posts in this topic

Anyone else getting this email every five minutes?

How do I get rid of it or report it to Ebay? The guy has no auctions and seems like a scam to sign up for some sort of list. I haven't responded to any.

To member: polyphemus

From member: zmyluyeiipdv

--------------------

Hi.

Thanks for bidding on my Comic Books. Could you please take a second to

email me back to CONFIRM your bid on my auction?

Thank you so much.

I got the same but deleted it. I didn't bother to report it to eBay. As long as you don't respond, they won't get your real EMAIL address! mad.gif

This is disturbing...

Not only did I get that one, but I got this too:

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: More comic pictures

Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 13:08:48 -0500

To: sclay1@insight.rr.com

CC: s-a.hunter@sympatico.ca

More comic pictures

*this included 3 attachments that I have not included, of pics that did not open. 893censored-thumb.gif

I think "Spam" is putting it kindly. This may be some sort of fraud. At the least, it's a fraudulent attempt to obtain email addies from eBay members.

I've gotten the email too, and as long as you simply delete and don't respond, I think you're okay...

Well, that's my email address (sclay1@insight.rr.com)...I've been getting those spam emails too.

I did a bit of research, and the sender is the guy selling the "Ultimate Collection" of those reprints of Action #1 and Det. 27. I inquired about the collection as I was wanting to further prove that it was a scam, and somehow my name got on the mailing list.....

!$#!@#%!@#%

Thanks for letting me know. I feel a bit better knowing who is at least behind it. I sent an email to this guy, so I am sure to be on his 893censored-thumb.gif email/spam list. What a 893censored-thumb.gif piece of 893censored-thumb.gif son of a 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif rat 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif.

Err, excuse me...I don't normally use such strong language 893whatthe.gif

Holy Crapoli..........this guy has turned the tables on our forum watchdogs??? 893whatthe.gif........... 27_laughing.gif

Ok.....ok........it's not funny..........but it would be a little comical if it wasn't happening to us (well.....not me......but you guys). I mean........the guys a huge insufficiently_thoughtful_person........but he was smart enough to figure out how to get an email list of comic collectors. frown.gif