• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, who is gonna spend their entire tax refund...

64 posts in this topic

Fahh, its only hot in the big cities like Athens poke2.gif

I have a home about 300 miles north of Athens, rent a car and travel it, some of the best beaches along that coast.

I've been to Crete once....very tourist-driven....It's like a Martha's Vineyard for the Med. -

hey, do you happen to sublet that house ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I spent two weeks here in 1985.

Santorini_Beach.jpg

My days:

Lie on stomach for two hours. Gaze at the topless Scandanavian girls. Have lunch. Swim in the crystal clear water for one hour. Lie on back for two hours. Take bus to Thira.

oia.jpg

Drink and dance until 4 AM. Return to hotel. Sleep. Repeat. Life was very very good.

Not I, not with a wedding coming up this summer. Next year, though.....just maybe.

Ya big dummy.. what do you think comes after a wedding?

Pitter patter. pitter patter, .stomp,stomp,stomp, pitter patter, pitter patter

You aint gonna have money for comics till the kids move out.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

If you're even thinking about a tax refund you're probably not well heeled enough to be in this comic book market. Maybe some of you should consider collecting beenie babies or something more affordable. There's too much riff raff in the comic hobby these days. devil.gifpoke2.gif

I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!! I always get a refund (because I actually like to recieve a big chunk of change in the beginning of the year, and not have to worry about going to jail if I dont have the cash to pay up...)...but I never seem to do the right thing with it! Its always...

On one shoulder.... devil.gif (Go ahead, buy those books, youll feel better!)

The other shoulder... angel.gif (Dont listen, pay off those nasty bills...)

Guess which one I listen to... devil.giftonofbricks.gif

I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!

Tax refund?

I sure hope most of you are joking about getting a large refund?

Instead of giving the federales an interest free loan on your money all year,take an hour and figure out what you should be paying,not what they want you to pay.

I owe the g-men about $130,but had use of the money all year. Last year I ended up owing $18.

Bottom line-If you are getting a year-end refund,its because you paid too much each paycheck.

Not necessarily.

If you have plenty of deductions -- including the biggies like a mortgage, charitable, etc. -- you can get a nice refund because you've significantly lowered your adjusted income. This will apply even if you have the maximum allowable taken out of your paycheck.