• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found two boxes of old comics

220 posts in this topic

can i offer a word of advice?

if you tell us that these are comics you found working at an old bookstore, don't point us at your eBay auctions that state you're selling your "dad's collection."

because it will look like you're making something up, and if there's one thing this board doesn't like, it's deceit, even if it's unintentional

Uh, perhaps the EC's were her Dad's . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

can i offer a word of advice?

if you tell us that these are comics you found working at an old bookstore, don't point us at your eBay auctions that state you're selling your "dad's collection."

because it will look like you're making something up, and if there's one thing this board doesn't like, it's deceit, even if it's unintentional

Uh, perhaps the EC's were her Dad's . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's possible, but I think the point is that type of thing needs to be cleared up. smile.gif

I came here for a little help and I get this...you have alot of nerve. I never said I found them working at an old bookstore. I didn't post here to get bidders, just a little friendly advice. Thanks to most but a few are really rude and inappropriate.

You might need to grow a thicker skin... poke2.gif

All Sal was saying is that you said you got the books from a bookstore but on your auction listing you said you got them from your dad. He wasn't calling you a liar (in fact, he used the word "unintentional") but he was just stating that an inconsistency of that type could drive away bidders and lead to suspicion.

I came here for a little help and I get this...you have alot of nerve. I never said I found them working at an old bookstore.

My, my, my, how the worm turns. This kind of "personality flip" is very common amongst a (cough) certain type of EBay seller, and I think I'll steer clear.

Please stay clear Joe. I don't deal with two-faced people. You offer your help to buy these by PM and when I say no you start accusing me of deceit.

Okay folks, we're dealing with a) a shill or b) a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person here.

I was extremely nice to this guy, outlining which books were valuable and warning him that there might be some low-ballers. NEVER ONCE DID I EVEN MENTION BUYING ANYTHING!!

For him to state this BS has me wondering if we're not dealing with Bug or some other tool whose account was deleted.

Someone is obviously yanking our chains.

His reply to my helpful PMs (the others were image-upload related):

Thanks Joe for list and forum advice. Already got a few offers. I assume when you say I'm laughing that's a good thing. As in, all the way to the bank? Can you explain how to post scans of a few on this forum. I have some scanned in PC but don't know how to upload to here.

Thanks again for your help.

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Please stay clear Joe. I don't deal with two-faced people. You offer your help to buy these by PM and when I say no you start accusing me of deceit.

Okay folks, we're dealing with a) a shill or b) a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person here.

I was extremely nice to this guy, outlining which books were valuable and warning him that there might be some low-ballers. NEVER ONCE DID I EVEN MENTION BUYING ANYTHING!!

For him to state this BS has me wondering if we're not dealing with Bug or some other tool whose account was deleted.

Someone is obviously yanking our chains.

His reply to my helpful PMs (the others were image-upload related):

Thanks Joe for list and forum advice. Already got a few offers. I assume when you say I'm laughing that's a good thing. As in, all the way to the bank? Can you explain how to post scans of a few on this forum. I have some scanned in PC but don't know how to upload to here.

Thanks again for your help.

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

bs-meter.jpg

These are my dad's collection. We owned bookstore for over 12 years. I worked thru high school adding to it all the time. You were better off not trying to be so clever and accusing people of deceit without all the facts.

ooooookaaay.

point out where i accused you of anything, please. a guy tries to give a bit of friendly advice, because history tells us to watch out for people with stories that change on us.

hey, look, if you want to call it your Dad's collection, yeah sure, we've never seen someone try that line before. PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT SAYING THIS ISN'T WHAT YOU CLAIM IT IS.

i'm just trying to state that when you try to foist a scenario that thousands of people have tried before, you had better cross all your t's and dot all your freaking i's.

and try to get a bit of a thicker skin, because throwing accusations out ain't gonna help nothing.

and thanks to those who actually understood where i was coming from

How in the word does saying the EC were my father's have anything to do with these others. FF48, ASM 121, DD1, etc. that many have offered me friendly advice on. My only mistake was directing people to eBay because I knew someone would accuse me of something. My fault, but I was having trouble uploading to this site.

Joe_Collector conveniently omitted the part where he offered to buy a few from me. So of course he had to bash me for outting him. People just love to jump on the bandwagon to rip people online because they were probably picked on there whole life and can now talk tough and not have to worry about getting beat up again. So pitiful.

I won't bother asking here for help anymore. It's not worth the insults. Thick skin had nothing to do with anything. It's just terrible to have to deal with sad sacks who need to insult other to make themselves feel better. Feel so sorry for you.

who exactly is insulting you?

if you had said it was your father's bookstore from the very beginning, there would have been no confusion. the ECs are listed in your first post. a person might just think they were all from the same source!

forgive me for trying to help you. good luck with your auctions

Joe_Collector conveniently omitted the part where he offered to buy a few from me.

Okay Liar-Boy, please take some screen-caps of these mysterious PM's where I asked to buy these comics from you. Strange, none of the ones I have saved say this, and I have no replies from you about it.

I tried to help you, and I feel like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person for having believed your totally fabricated story of "found old comics in a box". What a joke - you'd think with all the scammers trying the same trick, I'd have learned by now.

P.S. We all know you're a loser who is likely trying to scam people for fake comics, and you're not doing yourself any favors by lying, just to get the heat off. Concocting bizarre stories about me just makes it worse, trust me.

As for the "I can't upload images" BS, I gave you detailed instructions on how to upload pictures to the forum, that a chimp could understand, and yet you still complain you're having trouble? Yeah right. screwy.gif

You're either the dumbest person in the entire world, or a crook, so either way it doesn't look good on you.

who exactly is insulting you?

Don't worry, this guy's a total crook and I hope no one on here actually tried to buy any of his books. I thought he might have mixed me up with someone else who did put an offer in on his books, but his second post confirms he's just a lying thief.

Stay far away folks.

P.S. I also love his comments about getting beat up and physical threats - yeah, like I'm scared. I would be so lucky as to have trnczar right here in front of me. devil.gifcloud9.gif