• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found two boxes of old comics

220 posts in this topic

Joe, face facts, you were outed.

Why not send those same people screen-caps of those mysterious PMs where I'm begging to buy your books, then me, you and the Mods can compare them to see who's telling the truth and who's a lying slime.

If I'm wrong, I will 100% ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE TO NEVER EVER return to these forums. I'll even sign a legal document to that effect. You promise the same if you're lying.

I'm waiting...

No surprise that you are taking the negative tack here.

Yeah, when a slime constantly lies about what I sent them in a PM, I kinda get like that. Funny thing.

AFTER you insinuated he was a scammer. I know I would get defensive. confused-smiley-013.gif

You didn't answer my question about your last positive contribution or whether or not you think his auctions are scams.

You didn't answer my question about your last positive contribution or whether or not you think his auctions are scams.

Question: Have you confirmed that is his account with the EBay account owner?

Someone should do that right now.

You guys are all a bunch of [embarrassing lack of self control] 893naughty-thumb.gif

Seriously. It's a total mystery why newbies and lurkers never speak up. foreheadslap.gif

Maybe this guy had some great books, maybe he was full of shiite. Now, thanks to everyone on this thread tearing him a new one, we will never know will we?

For the record....I was just " stooges.gif"

shy.gif

[Maybe this guy had some great books, maybe he was full of shiite. Now, thanks to everyone on this thread tearing him a new one, we will never know will we?

Gimme a break. I was extremely nice to this guy and tried to help out, even giving him extremely detailed instructions on how to post images... right up until his story started getting hazy, he still could not produce pictures, and he started lying and trying to portray me as some angry buyer.

His tone also got very childishly belligerent as soon as anyone started asking questions, just like any number of scammers I've seen on here.

If you think he's on the up-and-up, then send him a few thousand $$$ and buy his "box of old comics". Please let us know how you do. flowerred.gif

No surprise that you are taking the negative tack here. What a shocker that is. Honest question, when was the last time you contributed something positive? In any case, I am not going to bother defending this "obvious scammer" who made the grevious error of not being crystal clear where he got the books from. Are his eBay auctions fabrications too?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmichellewcomQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

so can i take it that you thought i was too harsh, or is your dispute merely with J_C?

[Maybe this guy had some great books, maybe he was full of shiite. Now, thanks to everyone on this thread tearing him a new one, we will never know will we?

Gimme a break. I was extremely nice to this guy and tried to help out, even giving him extremely detailed instructions on how to post images... right up until his story started getting hazy, he still could not produce pictures, and he started lying and trying to portray me as some angry buyer.

His tone also got very childishly belligerent as soon as anyone started asking questions, just like any number of scammers I've seen on here.

If you think he's on the up-and-up, then send him a few thousand $$$ and buy his "box of old comics". Please let us know how you do. flowerred.gif

No surprise that you are taking the negative tack here. What a shocker that is. Honest question, when was the last time you contributed something positive? In any case, I am not going to bother defending this "obvious scammer" who made the grevious error of not being crystal clear where he got the books from. Are his eBay auctions fabrications too?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmichellewcomQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

so can i take it that you thought i was too harsh, or is your dispute merely with J_C?

I think you tried to be diplomatic about clearing up his story and he took it the wrong way. That started the typical scammer feeding frenzy that is the hallmark of these boards. I should know, I have participated. I just don't see much to indicate he isn't on the level. Back story slip-ups happen. I sold a coin collection worth $700 two weeks ago. I told one interested person they were on consignment from a friend, the other person I told they were from my grandma's husband. Same exact scenario as the one unfolding now. I was inconsistent in my stories, totally unintentional I might add, but was I a scammer? Obviously not.

If the Devil came on here, identified himself, and proceeded to offer 200 NM copies of Action Comics #1, and then told everyone I was calling him out because I wanted to buy all 200, October would believe him.

After all, I'm worse than the Devil in his mind. screwy.gif

You guys are all a bunch of [embarrassing lack of self control] 893naughty-thumb.gif

Seriously. It's a total mystery why newbies and lurkers never speak up. foreheadslap.gif

Maybe this guy had some great books, maybe he was full of shiite. Now, thanks to everyone on this thread tearing him a new one, we will never know will we?

For the record....I was just " stooges.gif"

shy.gif

I figured. I wasn't.

Question: Have you confirmed that is his account with the EBay account owner?

Someone should do that right now.

Email sent. We will see what happens.

Joe, face facts, you were outed. To all that have given me the benefit of the doubt and supported me. I only wish I could get scans to upload. I know Joe, I must be lying because I have a PC glitch. So, if only to right my good name, can anyone please let me e-mail these scan for uploading. I'd also still like everyones opinion. Except the village insufficiently_thoughtful_person, of course. PM me with e-mail. I have about 20 scans ready to go.

Using your logic how do i know that message you posted is from him? If you post the message you sent him it will prove whether or not you offered to buy his books. If the message contains an offer for books than you are lying, if it doesn't contain one than he is lying. It pretty simple actually, produce the message you are challenging him to produce, but i guess that would be too easy to end this thread with one post when you can just start piling on someone instead.

Using your logic how do i know that message you posted is from him?

If he posts a screen capture (like I did - an actual image of the message, not text) it'll be pretty easy to tell if it's been adjusted. Not to mention that I have the original that I can post, and if necessary the Mods can prove it one way or another.

Do you really think I spent hours in Photoshop producing that image with his name and the CGC forum background on it? Then again, you do have a WHOLE 3 posts. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Here's the image again, you be the judge:

1099193-scammer.jpg

but i guess that would be too easy to end this thread with one post when you can just start piling on someone instead.

Yep, I'm definitely baiting the trap and hope he tries to post a fake PM. Then I will pile on the little liar, as will the rest of the forum when the see the real thing. cloud9.gif