• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found two boxes of old comics

220 posts in this topic

You guys are all a bunch of [embarrassing lack of self control] 893naughty-thumb.gif

Seriously. It's a total mystery why newbies and lurkers never speak up. foreheadslap.gif

Maybe this guy had some great books, maybe he was full of shiite. Now, thanks to everyone on this thread tearing him a new one, we will never know will we?

As soon as some simple and non combative questions were posed to him he flipped out. To that I say hi.gif You see, there has to be some give and take. Information needs to flow both ways around here.

It is from where I'm sitting confused-smiley-013.gif

I find it amazing that some total newbie with no posts can suddenly pop on with a list of key comics, not produce any pics, have a hazy story, freak out when asked a simple question, and lie through his teeth...

and to most on here, I'm the villain. confused-smiley-013.gif

[Maybe this guy had some great books, maybe he was full of shiite. Now, thanks to everyone on this thread tearing him a new one, we will never know will we?

Gimme a break. I was extremely nice to this guy and tried to help out, even giving him extremely detailed instructions on how to post images... right up until his story started getting hazy, he still could not produce pictures, and he started lying and trying to portray me as some angry buyer.

His tone also got very childishly belligerent as soon as anyone started asking questions, just like any number of scammers I've seen on here.

If you think he's on the up-and-up, then send him a few thousand $$$ and buy his "box of old comics". Please let us know how you do. flowerred.gif

No surprise that you are taking the negative tack here. What a shocker that is. Honest question, when was the last time you contributed something positive? In any case, I am not going to bother defending this "obvious scammer" who made the grevious error of not being crystal clear where he got the books from. Are his eBay auctions fabrications too?

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmichellewcomQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

so can i take it that you thought i was too harsh, or is your dispute merely with J_C?

I don't think you were being harsh there. Looked like she may have misread what you were trying to say and got defensive. Of course, things just went down hill after that. Looks like the auctions are real as far as I can tell. As far as posting pics here. Well, I personally have tried and failed to post a scan on these boards and I've never had a problem anywhere else including my own website. So I can understand her frustration of not knowing how to post a scan here. But I can understand JC's position if he didn't make an offer on buying the books. Look, can't we all just get along? flowerred.gif

It is from where I'm sitting confused-smiley-013.gif

I find it amazing that some total newbie with no posts can suddenly pop on with a list of key comics, not produce any pics, have a hazy story, freak out when asked a simple question, and lie through his teeth...

and to most on here, I'm the villain. confused-smiley-013.gif

i think we've been through something like this before. your reputation precedes you at any rate

here is post #4 for u. It seems like u spending a lot time and energy on this and since i don't know either of you yes it is conceivable to me that one you would make up a photoshopped post. Since u think he could do it why would it be so hard to think you could. Again if u posted your correspondence with him it would end all doubt but u aren't interested in that it seems. Do you still think the books don't exist or do the auctions prove anything to you or did the "scammer" just happen to have pictures of EC book in the list he gave. Those auctions look pretty real to me but i guess with my 4 posts i wouldn't know any better.

But I can understand JC's position if he didn't make an offer on buying the books.

IF? foreheadslap.gif

You'd think 13K+ posts (not to mention my old CI id) and years on the forum would count for something, especially compared to someone who just materialized today.

Plus, why would I get so mad if it was the truth? What is so bad about offering to buy comics from someone? Others probably did, so if he was telling the truth, what would be the big deal?

I got angry because that little pussbag was lying.

here is post #4 for u. It seems like u spending a lot time and energy on this and since i don't know either of you yes it is conceivable to me that one you would make up a photoshopped post. Since u think he could do it why would it be so hard to think you could. Again if u posted your correspondence with him it would end all doubt but u aren't interested in that it seems.

So you think I Photoshopped the original post, but another screen-capture would "end all doubt"?

You sir, are clueless.

P.S. Learn to write in English.

But I can understand JC's position if he didn't make an offer on buying the books.

IF? foreheadslap.gif

You'd think 13K+ posts (not to mention my old CI id) and years on the forum would count for something, especially compared to someone who just materialized today.

Plus, why would I get so mad if it was the truth? What is so bad about offering to buy comics from someone? Others probably did, so if he was telling the truth, what would be the big deal?

I got angry because that little pussbag was lying.

Okay, you had to pull out the "if" and make an emphasis on it. I wasn't however. Jeez, I even stated I understood your position. Why get mad about that? confused-smiley-013.gif

Post #5

I guess you put in my place, I am just clueless.

Gotta love your style.

First start by pointing out the meager amount of post someone has compared to yours and then the english one, that is just outstanding posting.

Bravo.I think you covered all the bases there chief.

Blast away