• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Holy Terrible Super Bowl Officiating!

367 posts in this topic

I bet you are one of those dads who screams and curses at the 12 year old umpire at his son's little league games.

Hey, do me a favor and try not to drop to personal insults just because I'm kicking your hass in this debate.

I win!! acclaim.gif

P.S. Your example couldn't be mor eoff-base if you tried, and I'm especially irritated at this because criminal elements and payoffs seem to be taking a bigger part of pro sports. Lotsa fingers in lots of different pies, especially those where betting is high.

And no, this is not a conspiracy theory, but the actual truth, and I think you know it. How deep and how many sports is the only real question.

If a little league umpire misses a call, no biggie. If he's taking payoffs from a Russian mobster, then I have a problem.

Just as a point of reference: ESPN.com has a poll running right now.

"What will you remember most from Superbowl XL?"

38% Poor officiating is leading the pack. It could be nothing but Seattle fans voting but nearly 30k people have voted...

Nearly 30k people? No way. There's only 10k Seattle fans, tops.

38% Poor officiating is leading the pack. It could be nothing but Seattle fans voting but nearly 30k people have voted...

No, the Chief fans and Bear fans and whoever the hell they are won't bother to acknowledge that what happened tonight was a slight against ALL football fans, not just Seahawk fans.

Whatever. When its your team in the SuperBowl against the Giants or Steelers or whatever team the NFL has deemed the "feel good club of the year", and all the bad calls are going against you, don't act so surprised.

I think I've wasted enough time hammering on 50-year old part-time officials, whose low-paid status makes it pretty easy to be bought and paid for. If I were a Vegas or Russian mobster, I'd be on those NFL refs like white on rice.

Could you even imagine what a "guaranteed Super Bowl winner" would be worth? Billions. And all that money is in the hands of some part-time NFL contractor.

Holy god. JC is blaming the outcome of the game on the Russians.

I think JC is visited by Aliens. No seriously, I think he is.

I bet you would have said the exact same thing when I predicted that the Russians had fixed the 2002 OIympics...

A lot of people did - very, very stupid people. screwy.gif

BTW where was that 12th man today?

I bet you are one of those dads who screams and curses at the 12 year old umpire at his son's little league games.

Hey, do me a favor and try not to drop to personal insults just because I'm kicking your hass in this debate.

I win!! acclaim.gif

P.S. Your example couldn't be mor eoff-base if you tried, and I'm especially irritated at this because criminal elements and payoffs seem to be taking a bigger part of pro sports. Lotsa fingers in lots of different pies, especially those where betting is high.

And no, this is not a conspiracy theory, but the actual truth, and I think you know it. How deep and how many sports is the only real question.

If a little league umpire misses a call, no biggie. If he's taking payoffs from a Russian mobster, then I have a problem.

It's true. Your example couldn't be more off-base if you tried. To imply that JC has a child who could play in your theoretical game would imply that JC has a child and for JC to have had a child he would have to have had sex at some point in his life. Now, I'm no doctor, but I don't think you can impregnate a sock painted up with mommy's lipstick...

Are you really this stupid?

I bring up the "Russian Mob" because they've been proven of fixing various sporting events, not that they specifically fixed the Super Bowl.

It's true. Your example couldn't be more off-base if you tried. To imply that JC has a child who could play in your theoretical game would imply that JC has a child and for JC to have had a child he would have to have had sex at some point in his life. Now, I'm no doctor, but I don't think you can impregnate a sock painted up with mommy's lipstick...

Wow, the Steeler Fanboys are certainly getting testy that their team had to cheat to win the big game. 27_laughing.gif

Are you really this stupid?

I bring up the "Russian Mob" because they've been proven of fixing various sporting events, not that they specifically fixed the Super Bowl.

Are YOU really this stupid? I think now would be a good time to go back and re-read some of your 97 posts from this last hour. Let Calgon take you away.

BTW where was that 12th man today?

They wore stripped shirts, were pretty liberal with their little yellow flags, and were rooting for the Steelers.

You couldn't of missed them. They were everywhere on the field.

I am not dodging anything.

Of course you are. When I say the game was ruined by the officials, you ask "do you think Seattle deserved to win?"

What does that have to do with my enjoyment of the GAME?

I enjoyed the game. confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, the Steeler Fanboys are certainly getting testy that their team had to cheat to win the big game. 27_laughing.gif

I already said that I'm a Chiefs fan... and thus, that makes the Super Bowl almost entirely irrelevant to me. frustrated.gif

Hey, I guess I can't count on a Steeler's Fanboy of being logical given the evidence of biased officiating and potential game-fixing needed for them to win.

Hey, if I were a Steelers fanboy, I'd probably be angry too. I hate cheaters.

Can you name me a single critical/controversial call of any significance that went against the Steelers? Any?

I think the Hasselback fumble that was correctly reversed upon further review went against the Steelers.

How about the Jerramy Stevens fumble that was called incomplete? Looked like he had possession, made a football move and had the ball knocked loose.

confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif shh, that doesn't fit the "conspiracy theory". If it had been the other way around, I'm sure it would be noteworthy.

How about the blatant Horsecollar tackle of Alexander? Never even mentioned before. Clear violation of the rules and obvious because it was in plain view of everyone watching...should have been 15-yards against the Steelers. Never called.

I can name 2-3 non or bad calls against the Hawks for every one you try to produce for the Steelers, so feel free to waste your time in a fruitless attempt to justify your point.

Can you name me a single critical/controversial call of any significance that went against the Steelers? Any?

I think the Hasselback fumble that was correctly reversed upon further review went against the Steelers.

How about the Jerramy Stevens fumble that was called incomplete? Looked like he had possession, made a football move and had the ball knocked loose.

confused-smiley-013.gif

gossip.gif shh, that doesn't fit the "conspiracy theory". If it had been the other way around, I'm sure it would be noteworthy.

How about the blatant Horsecollar tackle of Alexander? Never even mentioned before. Clear violation of the rules and obvious because it was in plain view of everyone watching...should have been 15-yards against the Steelers. Never called.

I can name 2-3 non or bad calls against the Hawks for every one you try to produce for the Steelers, so feel free to waste your time in a fruitless attempt to justify your point.

Dude, seriously. You sound like a guy who has never seen an NFL game before. I respect that it's your team and all, but get a grip.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I know i have written some sarcastic replies but i feel your pain- i have been there before-some of the officiating in the NFL is downright criminal!