• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Holy Terrible Super Bowl Officiating!

367 posts in this topic

I'm just glad football season is finally over thumbsup2.gif

Yes! Thank god... now we can move on to baseball season! Lord knows the officiating has NEVER screwed up a game there!

My all-time favorite was the George Brett pine tar incident. Baseball actually bothered to play out the rest of the meaningless game several months after the fact. Brett going ballistic and charging the umpires was just classic. I remember watching the game on WPIX and wishing he would take the bat and beat the umps over the head with it...and I'm a Yankees fan!

I'm just glad football season is finally over thumbsup2.gif

Yes! Thank god... now we can move on to baseball season! Lord knows the officiating has NEVER screwed up a game there!

My all-time favorite was the George Brett pine tar incident. Baseball actually bothered to play out the rest of the meaningless game several months after the fact. Brett going ballistic and charging the umpires was just classic. I remember watching the game on WPIX and wishing he would take the bat and beat the umps over the head with it...and I'm a Yankees fan!

Yes, that was a classic. As a life long KC resident and fan, that was a moment to remember. Playing the Yankees always brought out something in Brett anyways didn't it? Without him, those matchups haven't been the same since.