• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WonderCon Panel - "Future of Comic Book Retailing"

3 posts in this topic

Sunday, February 12

11:30-12:30 The Future of Comics Retailing—A diverse panel of Bay Area comic book retailers will be on hand for a roundtable discussion about the future of selling comics for a living. Moderator Dan Shahin (Hijinx Comics) is joined by Lee Hester (Lee’s Comics), Steve Mortensen (Colossus Comics), Rory Root (Comic Relief), and James Sime ( Isotope) to find out what it takes to open and run a modern comic book store. Room 2020

- - - - -

It should be a lively panel. The business models are very different -- one side is my business which is almost solely CGC comics and the other side representing the more traditional store. Dan and Lee's carry almost no back issues and once they sell out of a title, they wait until it becomes a trade before offering it up to consumers. Basically the "Collector's" point of view vs the "Reader's" point of view. I think I'll be outnumbered so any pro-CGC guys out there looking for something to do on Sunday, come on by.