• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cerebus super-rare statue, HAND PAINTED by Dave Sim

6 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E%3AIT&rd=1

I had to trade a boatload of books to get this 15 years ago- it's 1 of just 100 pieces hand painted by Dave Sim. I believe it was sculpted by Gerhard, but I don't have the appropriate Cerebus issue at hand to 100% verify that. There is some very minor chipping at the base, which I could repair myself if the buyer wished. (I'm a semi-pro sculptor and miniature painter.)

That's a great statue! I have #9/100 and both my corners are nicked up too! I think it could be an inherent flaw in the piece...or maybe it happened when my then girlfriend threw it across the room at me during a fight way back when! stooges.gif

Lambert

yeah, I think it was cast with cheap material. Mine seemed to break all too easily. Anyway, Robert Carpenter is now the proud owner! I'm off to buy more old GA Actions!

FYI, sale finished at $200ish. Tons of watchers, few bidders. I think cerebus' popularity has waned.

yeah, I think it was cast with cheap material. Mine seemed to break all too easily. Anyway, Robert Carpenter is now the proud owner! I'm off to buy more old GA Actions!

FYI, sale finished at $200ish. Tons of watchers, few bidders. I think cerebus' popularity has waned.

Crud- I thought it would have gone higher (like 500-1k). I just didn't watch it b/c of this. I should have smile.gif.