• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V for Vendetta....what'd you think?

71 posts in this topic

"Here comes the new JC, same as the old JC."

What, you loved Matrix Revolutions?? screwy.gif

"You don't honestly believe that do you? 27_laughing.gif"

I wasn't addressing whether MR was bad or not, just commenting on the fact that your on your third user name here. Why not go back to ComicInvestor? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why not go back to ComicInvestor? confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe because it's been CLOSED (my request) for years? confused-smiley-013.gif

Good enough reason? confused-smiley-013.gif

How was I to know? confused-smiley-013.gif

You seemed to know about my old ID,and I've repeated this same thing 100+ times on here.

Dont worry JC, you can change your name as many times as you want.

You will Always be Senor Happy Britches to us.

Always

Ze-

You can run, but you can't hide!! headbang.gif

Dang, you guys are trying to run me off, aren't you?

Seriously though, that CT sucked major hass, and it's probably the worst ever. Even Red Pants guy felt bad for me.

JC, I said this in the other thread, and will say it again.

You got it all wrong JC. I was the one who asked Arch to give you the Title. It was meant as an homage, a goof, a caricature of sorts where your peculiarities were exaggerated to produce a comic result. Like calling a big person "tiny"

If a person is roasted, it is becasue they are respected, or reviled. Eitherway, it is a form of flattery.

You should have worn it like a badge of honor, instead you threw it away.

You just dont get it do ya.

And if you even say one word about not wanting a moniker given out by a bunch or losers, well then all I can say is .."leave already".

Ze-

We dont want to run you offf, but rather the opposite. For some stupid reason I was trying to include you in one of the many jokes around here. It is a custom title, on a stupid chat board. What were you hoping for?

I told Arch to take it off your old char. I in no way meant for you to trash a login with 14,000 posts.

Nevermind, Next time it comes up I wont try and include you in our reinder games.

Nevermind, Next time it comes up I wont try and include you in our reindeer games.

Don't worry about it, Kenny. I'm sure Vince is actually glad about the incident. You gave him yet another opportunity to play the victim card.

I saw a screening of V the other night with DAM60 and Heartened. They both loved it; I was a little lukewarm on it. Somewhat paradoxically, I thought that the story plodded on for too long *and* that not much actually happened. I didn't read the comic, but I got the sense that the film was grossly oversimplified as it was seriously lacking in story development, IMO. Also, what was the budget for this one? It didn't seem to me like they spent the budget too wisely, as the sets, costumes & special FX were no better than a lot of second-rate films I've seen.

I'm not saying it was a bad movie, but it did not live up to my expectations. I'd give it a B-.

You can run, but you can't hide!! headbang.gif

Dang, you guys are trying to run me off, aren't you?

Seriously though, that CT sucked major hass, and it's probably the worst ever. Even Red Pants guy felt bad for me.

Yo, Nomie! thumbsup2.gif

I thought that the story plodded on for too long *and* that not much actually happened.

So it's just like the comic. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, V is the first thing I've read from Alan Moore that I quite liked (overall). I thought the early issues, the main characters, and the story idea were all good. But he introduces far too many unimportant characters and goes off on so many tangents that the story really drags.

I didn't read the comic.

Rule #1... read the comic BEFORE you see the movie. No wonder you thought it was mediocre...... you didn't have anything vested. But if you gave it a B-, then it should definately be worth seeing. Thanks for the review. thumbsup2.gif

So who's going to see it this weekend?

hi.gif

Just got back from seeing it. Liz and I both enjoyed it. B/B+

Definitely worth seeing in the theater because I think that much of the imagery will not have the same impact on a TV screen and without the THX sound system.

I saw it last night with a few of my friends. They enjoyed it, and I thought it was good. There were a few parts (ie. changes) that I really didn't like, but it was still mostly well done.

I thought V for Vendetta was outstanding. Easily the smartest comic book movie ever made... some very complex themes are presented. I found it moving also; music was used very effectively. Definitely one of the top five comic book movies in my book. Will hold more power on the big screen than the small screen so catch it while it's still in theatres.