• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scam ASM 3?

19 posts in this topic

Good seller gone bad? Hard to believe anyone would have ten copies of ASM 3 that were all in exactly 9.0 condition... Tempting indeed but I would rather have my $1200 safe and sound.

This doesn't sound legit at all... if it's too good to be true... it usually is... plus, there 16 unrestored copies of the book in 9.0 according to the census... this guy's got 10? The auction is a buy it now AND the guy lives in Rome...

WHAT THE HELL IS WITH ALL THESE FRAUD AUCTIONS!!!???!!!

That just reeks of a scam, as the guy is in Rome (apparently having found the motherlode of CGC 9.0 ASM 3's), doesn't seem to accept Paypal or credit cards, and also:

"I send all my packages having written on them "gift unit, no comercial value" or as a gift so you don't have to pay any additional taxes."

Translated: No Insurance. grin.gif

Oh boy, let me get in line for this deal... 27_laughing.gif

Why are you even wondering?

This guy doesn't even have an imagination ,10 copies of the same relativly rare SA book in the exact SAME high grade. 893whatthe.gif

What are the chances of that REALLY happening, I'll tell you..........NONE. insane.gif

auction is down. that was quick. Somebody do something?

Maybe it's a board member 27_laughing.gif

Seller's remorse? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Bug, what did you do now? crazy.gif

All I did was email the guy and tell him I was going to kill him and perform a deviant sex ritual involving his corpse and several schizophrenic racoons.

Sheesh......some people are just too sensitive. frown.gif

All I did was email the guy and tell him I was going to kill him and perform a deviant sex ritual involving his corpse and several schizophrenic racoons.

I knew it.

This would've been easy to shut down because he said in his auction description that he'd make private deals outside of ebay. Ebay doesn't like that sort of thing at all.

The auction sounds like an identity theft. Mostly beanie babies, good seller, now suddenly he's selling comics in Italy, all the exact same grade (because that's the only scan he could find to steal).

-- Joanna