• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 20 COVERS OF THE COPPER AGE!

394 posts in this topic

Can someone please post the hideous Charlton horror comic with Dragon Force or whatever on it? That gets my vote if it falls into Copper. It is so grotesque I get sucked right in and just end up staring at it endlessly.

Really not sure how difficult it is to find them in high grade. There are only 13 copies in the census at 9.0 or better, but interest is low right now. If he was ever revamped or another movie hit you might see more pop up. If it became hot & profitable to have them graded, I could probably quadruple those numbers with my stash alone. Anything with a Bolland cover should have some sort of collectability. Here's another nice one.

jdm.jpg[/img]

If it became hot & profitable to have them graded, I could probably quadruple those numbers with my stash alone.

Why have them graded? takeit.gif

Me too. What do those go for in nice shape? The Bolland covers are killer.

If it became hot & profitable to have them graded, I could probably quadruple those numbers with my stash alone.

sumo.gifIs this payback for the Showcase incedent? 893whatthe.gif

sumo.gifIs this payback for the Showcase incedent? 893whatthe.gif

I never forget! sumo.giftongue.gif

interior art, too. gossip.gif first three issues at any rate

X-MEN172.jpg

Always liked that one. It's one of the first stories I remember reading.

The Dredd covers are great. I think we could safely throw any Bolland cover up. One of the all-time great cover artists. I still remember reading Killing Joke for the first time and just being blown away by the artwork. Just stunning stuff. cloud9.gif

For me, at least, his Joker is THE standard. Much like Adams for Batman, no one has done the Joker quite as well as Bolland (although the Sienkewicz HC for the Greatest Joker Stories certainly gets major props).