• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite Bark's story.

77 posts in this topic

Only a Poor Old Man FC 386 -

Thanks Scrooge, but I guess I`m actually thinking of a different story. It`s one of the stories where he loses his money,and the scene I`m thinking of is where he`s able to burrow around again after he gets his money back, which he does in front of Donald and Huey, Dewey and Louie.

WDC&S 126? confused-smiley-013.gif

1799627-WDCS126_money.JPG

1799627-WDCS126_money.JPG.950e4e03d16966ee1c6d9516b352204b.JPG

Only a Poor Old Man FC 386 -

Thanks Scrooge, but I guess I`m actually thinking of a different story. It`s one of the stories where he loses his money,and the scene I`m thinking of is where he`s able to burrow around again after he gets his money back, which he does in front of Donald and Huey, Dewey and Louie.

WDC&S 126? confused-smiley-013.gif

1799627-WDCS126_money.JPG

It's virtually identical to that sequence, but it's not that particular one. The one I'm thinking of takes place inside the Moneybin, whereas this one is out in a field.

Still a great scene, though. thumbsup2.gif But I'm actually not familiar with this story! blush.gif

But I'm actually not familiar with this story! blush.gif

Donald and HDL are working on Scrooge's farm. Donald hates work so he pals up with Gladstone to get him to wish for a million dollars (which sounds like work to Gladstone). Scrooge is hiding his money in a huge open-air bin disguised as a corn crib on the farm. A cyclone hits it, sucks up all the money, and deposits it all over the world... including with Donald and Gladstone. But the parable is that since everyone is now rich, nobody is left to do any work. They eventually are forced to go to Scrooge for food and clothing, so he gets all his money back by the end of the story.

But I'm actually not familiar with this story!

Hey...waitaminute... so you haven't actually read every story Barks created? 893whatthe.gif

HERETIC !...bring the torches...

Here are the first 18 volumes of the "Complete Works". Hopefully it will be available in English soon.

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Those look they are high quality editions -- thanks for pic.

But I'm actually not familiar with this story!

Hey...waitaminute... so you haven't actually read every story Barks created? 893whatthe.gif

HERETIC !...bring the torches...

sorry.gif

You know, I keep coming back to the fact that no matter how much I like Archie and Batman and Superman and the Black Hood and the Spirit and Blackhawks etc,.... Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck are still my all time favorite. Not mention Gyro Gearloose and Gladstone Gander and Huey, Dewey and louie.