• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darn X-Men Movie Hype

13 posts in this topic

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

I was getting so close to completing my X-Men run. I only need 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 20, 52 and 58. Prices are just to crazy righ now for me to get these books.

893frustrated.gif

Maybe it's time to start loooking into an Avengers run.....

Avengers are a fun run to collect. I am working on a run of that myself - doing pretty well post 180 and pre 370 but before and after I haven't been doing so hot. I try to pick up want list issue at 50 cent boxes at cons.

DAM

I'm completing an Avengers run myself, I didn't own a single Avengers issue, but like the Ultimates so much (and due to the fact that I completed two other series, there was a 'hole' in my schedule) that I decided to start collecting them.

I've got an almost full run from #120 to #475 in less than two months...Stil a dirt-cheap series to collect, from #250 onwards almost all books are NM, and I paid on average 75 cents per issue. The issues between #120 and #250 are mostly in FINE, but I only paid 30 cents an issue for two very large runs.

How is the avengers as a read? I've always figured them to be the red headed step child of superhero groups. I've only had the opportunity to read a few TPB's on the avengers but that was a long time ago.

These days my funds are being diverted directly into golden age EC comics.

It's a soap opera smile.gif

Lots and lots of sub-plots, three-four going on at once, when one gets solved, three others go on for a while and a new one emerges... Now and then a real cosmic or world shattering event, and shifting spotlights on different members.

Because of the diversity, some issues are brilliant, some are real [!@#%^&^]...

893Rant-Smilie-thumb.gif

I was getting so close to completing my X-Men run. I only need 1, 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 12, 18, 20, 52 and 58. Prices are just to crazy righ now for me to get these books.

893frustrated.gif

Maybe it's time to start loooking into an Avengers run.....

Looks like im not the only one trying to do that.