• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Signature Thread
9 9

7,957 posts in this topic

Ok...question to the Punisher collectors on the board...which of these two covers is the variant? Or was it a 50/50 split on these when they came out?

punisher1v4.jpg

Both #1 issues you have are from different Punisher series. This one is mis-labelled, it's from the V. 3 -(year 2000) limited series which has a variant white cover. This series ran 12 issues, then the next series came out, which is the other #1 issue that you have. Hope this helps. Great looking books! :)

Edited by nepatkm

Grabbed these in Dallas today. :)

Bernie Wrightson Batman:Hidden Treasures. Gemma was slammed late in the day on Sunday, and I wasn't able to get her to witness the signing. Still cool either way.

bats001.jpg

Rick Leonardi (who is the nicest guy ever) did this awesome Cloak & Dagger for me. Unfortunately, it also didn't get to be witnessed as he had to split for the airport just when Gemma was busy. :( Oh well, I still love it!

cd=sm.jpg

Mitch Breitweiser did this fantastic Cap for me that is on its way to CGC..

mitch.jpg

And Todd Nauck knocked this one out of the park. It's headed to CGC too.

nauck.JPG

Edited by sl4ppy

Grabbed these in Dallas today. :)

Mitch Breitweiser did this fantastic Cap for me that is on its way to CGC..

mitch.jpg

(worship)

Mitch's work is topnotch. He has a very moody style. I was hoping to make it to Dallas this weekend and pick up a Daredevil from him. But it was not meant to be. :(

I was a little disappointed when I heard that Kaare Andrews cancelled NYC this weekend...not surprised, since he told me in Jan. back in the New Orleans show that he had no plans for any other shows this year due to schedule...but still a little disappointed. The SM REIGN set was probably what made him a fan favorite when this came out a few yrs ago. Remember the silly "nude" panel that had issue #1 recalled? And then the censored 2nd printing -- very much like the Elektra comic that came out several years ago.

Here's my SM REIGN set recently back.

Perfect covers for adding sketches, but I really like the Doc Ock on #3.

smr1A.jpg

smr1B.jpg

smr2.jpg

smr3.jpg

smr4.jpg

nice books! Kaare Andrews has an interesting, evolving art style

Seeing him on the guest list in New Orleans was the reason I pulled the trigger and went to that show. I've got several HULK covers in s/s that I'm waiting on too.

His run on that book a few years back was awesome.

My favorite covers were the Apocalypse Now and Where the Wild Things are covers.