• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Signature Thread
9 9

7,961 posts in this topic

Just a question for the signature folks,

Why do most people get CGC SS books? I'm getting a number done at WWTX and I'm wondering if I am odd getting them done and planning to keep them for myself. It seems like so many people get them done just to sell them.

Am I the odd one here?

I get them done for myself, but it is a nice fringe benefit to know that one day I could probably turn them around. Especially as some people get older and harder to get sigs from. :) I try to think of it in two ways.... 1. The joy of collecting for myself. 2. The investment for my daughter's college fund. :lol:

Well, that's the rationalization I use anyway. ;)

The best thing is working with the fine folks here. I think it's almost as good as meeting the artists sometimes.

(Shameless suck-up directed at all witnesses who have helped me, and will in the future.)

:lol: :lol:

:shy:

Edited by Whovianone

Nice 87, but it looks like Rob Liefield signed the book twice unless on of those signatures is Louise Simonson, but they look exactly the same.

Rob was wearing a wig and doing his best Louise Simonson impression for one of the signings? (shrug)

I mean, that is just weird. Did you get all the sigs done or did you purchase the book this way? Who forgets that they already have Liefeld's sig on their comic? For that matter, how does CGC authenticate a book that doesn't have one of the sigs claimed to be on the book?

Harrowing... :(