• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Leonardo DiCaprio to sell over 150 lots of Star Wars toys

52 posts in this topic

That Anakin is so over graded. It's the most valuable piece in the lot. 3-4 k in mint condition. The Bubble is so yellow, the creases are huge. Perhaps more like a C-7 candidate. As for Beyonder, all that newer POTF stuff has very little value today. You could set up at a toy show, put that Sand Person variation you were talking about out for $5.00, and I pretty much guarantee, you're taking it home with you.

Jim

Like the hundred or so Darth Maul figures I have from episode 1. 27_laughing.gif I don't know what I will ever do with all those. Maybe my grandkids' grandkids will be able to get my original price back out of them. foreheadslap.gif

That Anakin is so over graded. It's the most valuable piece in the lot. 3-4 k in mint condition. The Bubble is so yellow, the creases are huge. Perhaps more like a C-7 candidate. As for Beyonder, all that newer POTF stuff has very little value today. You could set up at a toy show, put that Sand Person variation you were talking about out for $5.00, and I pretty much guarantee, you're taking it home with you.

Jim

Like the hundred or so Darth Maul figures I have from episode 1. 27_laughing.gif I don't know what I will ever do with all those. Maybe my grandkids' grandkids will be able to get my original price back out of them. foreheadslap.gif

Or better yet....maybe someday kids will start playing with them again.

Jim

Or better yet....maybe someday kids will start playing with them again.

Don't worry, I think they made enough episode 1 figures to supply every kid on earth with one and still have enough left over for the hoarding adult. 27_laughing.gif

I hope he gets he most of what he can out of these...

I own about 80% of what he has.

Star Wars is fun to collect.

cloud9.gif

i got like 130 pieces for AOTC and misc figures i'm trying to dump

I hope he gets he most of what he can out of these...

I own about 80% of what he has.

Star Wars is fun to collect.

cloud9.gif

i got like 130 pieces for AOTC and misc figures i'm trying to dump

The only way to move those are pennies on the dollar...

Just like modern comics of today, they are so over produced and so taken care of

they're practicially worthless...

I collect rarer carded retro figures (77-85)... those are like SAs...

From what I understand, to get the Episode 1 license Hasbro gave Lucas 10% of the company. To recoup their cost they had to overproduce to the hilt and there are 1 or 2 warehouses full of Episode 1 product. Something like 100 million dollars in product, that someday they are going to have to just destroy. Sad.

As for Leos collection, yes a Vlix or Prototype Boba Fett with a genuine rocket firing missle would be impressive, but of course perhaps he's selling to get the finances together for that major purchase. I mean we are always selling stuff to "trade up", maybe Leos doing the same thing smile.gif

Jim